A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

We have had a second home in Port-Vendres since 2005, which we visit several times a year. We have never regretted our purchase and hope to spend more time in France in the future, whilst maintaining our main home in West Sussex.
I have always been an avid reader of Anglophone-Direct but have never contributed to the discussions. Frequently, Anglophone-Direct has been an invaluable source of information and I think that Kate has done an absolutely splendid job in maintaining it over the years, often in quite difficult circumstances.
We have gained quite a lot of knowledge since 2005 concerning travel, restaurants, places to visit and tradesmen to use and, having a little more time on my hands now, I am registering and will contribute to discussions when I feel that I have something useful to say.
Very best wishes to you Kate – you may recall we met on a very wet afternoon one Easter in PV at an event organised by Evelyne Mestres – and I hope that Anglophone-Direct continues to flourish
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Oooooooo, I like you already! :lol: Thank you so much for the lovely compliment, and tho I will accept it with great pleasure, I must add that the forum only exists because of its members

A very warm welcome to you Alan. So glad you will be spending more time in PV, one of my favourite places, and do hope the forum can be of use to you. There are some fantastic people who make it work, regularly give excellent advice based on experience, and I think I can honestly say that we have helped more people then we've hindered! :oops:

I DO remember that rainy day. Wishing you less of those and loads more of that PV sunshine.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Welcome Alan and I wish you many many more happy times in Port Vendres
Dylan