Singer looking for band

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

nickjermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Singer looking for band

Post by nickjermyn »

Hi, I am looking for a band in need of a singer or just a guitarist to get together and put up some performances.
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Band

Post by vmaxvmax »

Hi,
What style of music are you into and roughly whereabouts are you?
Francis
nickjermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

singer

Post by nickjermyn »

I am into rock/pop/indie and am in the centre of perpignan. I have a musical theater background and have sung various covers of: U2, The Clash, Robbie Williams, the Commitments etc
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Band

Post by vmaxvmax »

I live close by and am interested in doing something...

I am into classic rock and blues etc...

I have been playing in rock bands for years back in the U.K. Mostly 'power trio's' with a singer.

I have been doing mostly instrumental stuff the last couple of years - I have a modest home studio here. Collaborating with musicians I know in the UK.

This is a link to one of the bands I have played in https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/unsee ... d521097324

Do you have anything in mind?

Do you play as well as sing?

I also know a drummer...

PM me if the music is of interest.

Francis
nickjermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

interested singer

Post by nickjermyn »

I am definitely interested. I forgot to mention I used to sing blues covers a la The Blues Brothers so some sort of bluesy/rock set would suit me perfectly!

I have been singing for years but only on and off and would like to get in to it regularly as I love it!

Sadly i dont play, had a go at the guitar and the harmonica but dont have the patience to learn as yet.

Just had a listen to your stuff at the link - heavier and more thrashy than I am used to but there are a few songs there that my voice suits.

I assume you are a guitarist? vocals and guitar are definitely a good start, I have sung accapella with just guitar and guitar and bongos in the past.

I do not own a car/motorbike etc only a bicycle.

perhaps we should meet over a coffee or glass of wine and go from there?
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Band

Post by vmaxvmax »

Hi,

I just picked up your reply.

I'll send a private message.

Francis