Monsieur Mackintosh by Robin Crichton

Struggling to break through the language barrier? Maybe we can help. Heard, seen or said something that made you giggle? We'd love to hear about it.

Moderator: Moderators

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Monsieur Mackintosh by Robin Crichton

Post by nickiwynne »

Hello,
Help please!
I very much enjoyed Robin Crichton's book and wanted to give a copy as a present to my dad who is a big Mackintosh lover....but it is out of stock on Amazon and the link to Robin's site via the page on AD was unfortunately broken. Can anyone suggest how I can get in touch with the author directly - or alternative places to order the book?
Thank you in advance,
Nicki
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Nicki
Have sent this thread to Robin so he can tell you the best way to go about it. (and will fix the link ASAP if my birdbrain can work out what's wrong with it) :oops: :lol:
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thanks,Kate.
Nicki
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Working now!
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thank you again, Kate.

I have followed the link and visited the publisher's website but out of stock there too (and Waterstone's).

Perhaps if Robin is reading he may have a spare copy I can buy......?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Amazon.com has it and will ship to France or UK

You can use a UK or fr account
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I had ordered it a couple of weeks ago on Amazon but received an e mail this week to say that they no longer have it in stock and don't know when they will be getting it.

As it is for a birthday present that wasn't much use!

Nicki
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Hi Nicki :)

Looks like its available here ;)
http://www.historyscotland.com/secureor ... offers.php

Cheers Sa v :)
HelenAE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HelenAE »

You could also try here too
http://www.crmsociety.com/retail.aspx
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thank you again for the suggestions.

I have ordered via the Scottish website - fingers crossed.

I really appreciate the help!

Nicki
crichton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Monsieur Mackintosh by Robin Crichton

Post by crichton »

nickiwynne wrote:Hello,
Help please!
I very much enjoyed Robin Crichton's book and wanted to give a copy as a present to my dad who is a big Mackintosh lover....but it is out of stock on Amazon and the link to Robin's site via the page on AD was unfortunately broken. Can anyone suggest how I can get in touch with the author directly - or alternative places to order the book?
Thank you in advance,
Nicki
Hullo Nicki. I hope I understand how to operate this technology. The book has sold out in the UK but you can still get it in bookshops herehere (depending on where you live) or direct from the assoiaction where it is on sale in the three Mackintosh Centres at Palalda, Port Vendres or as from now in the shop at Fort Liberia - or we can post it to you (23€ plus postage).
If you can tell me where you are I'll tell you your nearest regular stockist.
Robin Crichtion
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Hello Robin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have now ordered your book from the site suggested earlier but as with all the online sources I am not 100% they have the book in stock. I am half expecting an e mail to say - once they begin to process the order- that the book is not available.

I am based in kent and not due out to Amelie till the end of May so sadly won't be able to pick up a copy in person till too late for my dad's birthday.

But if I have to get him something else for now I'll buy a copy in May and save it till Christmas!

Thank you again,

Nicki
crichton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crichton »

If you can't get it on the web let me know we can always post it from here, The Shakespeare bookshop in Paris also have it in stock if you fancy a trip from Ashford!

Actually there are also a few copies left I think in the shop at Traquair House - details on the net - ask for Jean in the shop

Best regards

Robin Crichton
nickiwynne wrote:Hello Robin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have now ordered your book from the site suggested earlier but as with all the online sources I am not 100% they have the book in stock. I am half expecting an e mail to say - once they begin to process the order- that the book is not available.

I am based in kent and not due out to Amelie till the end of May so sadly won't be able to pick up a copy in person till too late for my dad's birthday.

But if I have to get him something else for now I'll buy a copy in May and save it till Christmas!

Thank you again,

Nicki