How to speak french within months.

Struggling to break through the language barrier? Maybe we can help. Heard, seen or said something that made you giggle? We'd love to hear about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Danielsmith12

How to speak french within months.

Post by Danielsmith12 »

Hi friends,
I think this the best place for asking my question.Currently, I am in a trouble.I am a freelance writer and got a new job in France.The problem is that the manager of my office compelled me to learn the french language because most of their customers are local french people.they don't know English.So I have to learn french,but i don't know french very well,i can only understand some words.How can I study french within month.Is there is any solution?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

You don't - unless you're a very, very clever chap! Pretty impressive though to be given a new job where you have to write and converse in French when you dont speak it - that is a very tolerant job hander outer!!! :lol: :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:You don't - unless you're a very, very clever chap! Pretty impressive though to be given a new job where you have to write and converse in French when you dont speak it - that is a very tolerant job hander outer!!! :lol: :lol:
It's often said that the best means of learning quickly is pillow talk. I'm not sure that I believe it any more than Kate seems to. But failure might have its compensations.

The OP's new employer is all the more indulgent because he doesn't seem to be totally fluent - for a freelance writer - even in American.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

You can try Duolingo or spend a month en famille in France taking an intense course.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

This is just spam promoting the link in the signature.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, I think so too Pearson....but I like the idea of somebody being given the job of a writer in France, with only a couple of words of French and the target of being fluent in a month. It appeals to my sense of humour!! :lol:
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

How to speak French within months

Post by SteveB »

Isn't the whole idea of writing other people's essays for them pretty dubious anyway, in any language?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Pearsonb wrote:This is just spam promoting the link in the signature.
D'oh, as Homer would say. It was obviously a scam, but I never bother to read sigs.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: How to speak French within months

Post by martyn94 »

SteveB wrote:Isn't the whole idea of writing other people's essays for them pretty dubious anyway, in any language?
Maybe, a bit, looked at in the round. I could give you a thousand more words at the right price.
annette
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by annette »

Bonjour, why not trying French classes - maybe throught scape?
les leçons d'Anne 00 33 632836313
French for foreigners
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I don't see the link or the OP's signature. I suppose it has been removed but in any case I wouldn't want him to write an essay for me given the poor standard of English in his post!

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

annette wrote:Bonjour, why not trying French classes - maybe throught scape?
les leçons d'Anne 00 33 632836313
I guess that "throught scape" is possibly a version of "through Skype". As with the OP, it doesn't inspire total confidence. But there's no reason why a teacher of the target language should be fluent in yours. Or know it at all.