Looking for an exchange between PO and the UK

Struggling to break through the language barrier? Maybe we can help. Heard, seen or said something that made you giggle? We'd love to hear about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Looking for an exchange between PO and the UK

Post by Kate »

Received by email

Looking for an exchange with a student of similar age. I know the gentleman a little - nice family who I can recommend if anyone knows of a girl who would be interested

Ma fille Jeanne aura 18 ans en décembre et désirerait faire un voyage linguistique en Angleterre.
Existe t-il une possibilité d'échange dans une famille avec une adolescente du même âge. Notre fille passerait une quinzaine de jour dans la famille anglaise, puis nous recevrions leur fille chez nous.
Jeanne a un bon niveau en Anglais et suit actuellement une prépa aux grandes écoles (son but est d'intégrer l'école militaire Saint Cyr des officiers de l'armée).
L'idéal serait de pouvoir effectuer ce séjour en Grande Bretagne au mois de juillet 2014.

If you can help, please reply to Didier on 06 10 49 17 35 or mail: lelievredidier66ATgmail.com (replace AT with@ to avoid spam)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Teachers with a 6th form class may be intererested in passing this on to their students. Could be the start of a beautiful friendship - and there's no better way to get the A level grades up than some time spent in a French family!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

An eighteen-year old in a "prépa" class is going to be a bit too old, mature and perhaps intellectually high-powered for someone coming up to A-level?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I see what you mean - tho I had some lovely, mature and 'sérieuse' students when I was teaching A level......but yes, some lovely but not so motivated ones too. :roll: