Is my song well written ?

Struggling to break through the language barrier? Maybe we can help. Heard, seen or said something that made you giggle? We'd love to hear about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Letitia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Letitia »

De rien! :wink:
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

..."I 'm not sure to understand why you're talking about "Les femmes savantes"..."

Oh, Letitia, I'm sorry. I wasn't having a go at you for wanting it to be correct. I was having a joke at my own expense because I get very precious about correct grammar, (as in 'Les Femmes Savantes") and could go on about it until the cows come home. I wrote and edited my comment twice before posting, but have obviously still missed the mark! Do forgive me.

I wish I could sing like you - well done!
Letitia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Letitia »

Thanks. I have nothing to forgive since i didn't find you agressive at all. :lol: I can be a bit "femme savante" sometimes so i just wanted to explain why^^
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You remind me of Marianne Faithful who was singing well before you were born. I personally think you have the voice to sing much stronger rock songs as well as what you are doing now. But hey I dont know anything about music other than what I like.
Dylan
Letitia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Letitia »

Hi !

I found time to record some music on the lyrics. It's only a test for the beginning of the song, but it gives an idea about what the song will look like when finished. Hope you'll enjoy...

Voir le Fichier : I_See_Piano_Mix.mp3

(To Sue : ever heard the name of Marianne Faithful, but never heard her voice before you talked about her. It's difficult for me to see what reminds you of her when listening to me, but why not?)
Letitia
Rank 1
Rank 1

I come back!

Post by Letitia »

Hello!

For those who were interested in my writing songs and singing them, here's the last song I wrote :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DUMBO/66 ... 48?fref=nf

I hope you'll enjoy it and maybe like the page^^

Have a good day!

Létitia
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

A very late comment. As has been said, very few English listeners would would know "apnoea": worse, it has three syllables -Ap-Nee-Ah, so the lyric as sung would not be understood even by those who know the word. "breathless" is less original, but gets most of the meaning, and fits the tune.
Letitia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Letitia »

Thanks for the comment! I change "I'm in apnea" and add "I'm breathless"!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DUMBO/66 ... e=bookmark