Wishing Roger well

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Wishing Roger well

Post by Kate »

Some of you may already know that Roger has been very poorly recently, and still has a lot of mending to do.

Roger was the first person to ever post on this forum nearly 7 years ago, when I was struggling to get it going, and has provided help, and advice both with his extensive local knowledge and his unconditional kind heart, to hundreds of people over the years.

I'd just like to take this opportunity, as I'm sure many people will, to wish him well and may he continue to give us Swiss News for many years to come :lol:
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I agree with you Kate giving a big wish to Roger for his improving health. The Swiss news is great but Roger gives a lot of a viewpoint around Carcassone.

Good health Roger!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Quite so Kate. I knew he had been ill. I hope this recent bout was the same one,not a new one?

Over the years he has been an invaluable source of info;not least when my daughter and her husband were moving to Switzerland two years ago,he was able to supply some useful tips and shortcuts for them,even though they were going to "Suisse Romande",which he regards as the (very) poor relation to his beloved Zurich!

Best wishes for a speedy continued recovery,Rog.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Aye, come on Rog stop messing about!

Just joking.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Best regards
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I'm with the boys - oh and the lady that started the thread in the first place!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Wishing you a continued and complete recovery, Roger.

All the best! :D
Eamon Avis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Eamon Avis »

Roger is a mine of information and he has not only helped me with replies to my questions but I have gleaned knowledge from his many posts and replies to others. Hope these posts of appreciation help your recovery Roger.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

wishing roger well

Post by Sue »

From one Devonian to another and sister/brother schools get well soon Roger. I wholeheartedly agree with all the other posts that a great deal of Rogers posts are informative and very helpful.
Dylan
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Dear Roger,

Hope you mend quickly. Thinking of you.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Roger.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Get well soon Roger :D

Cheers Sav :)
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Roger

Post by mrob343 »

Wishing you speedy recovery Rog !
Rob :)
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I didn't know Roger had been ill, and I wish him the very best.
He went out of his way to meet me at Carcassonne airport when I had been in England a long time, just to make sure my car would start.
His posts are always so kind and knowledgeable.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Roger has always been very kind and helpful to us, and has shown great patience and generosity of spirit even when others have been critical of him.
Paul and I join the rest in wishing you a speedy and full recovery Roger.

Sue
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

A good heart shines through. Roger's does.

GWS (I invented a bit of text-speak there !)

John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

WOW!

Well, thanks to you all!!!
It's not really the kind of thing I would "advertise" myself, but I can say I have (unfortunately!!!) cancer of the pancreas - which is why I posted my contribution here
http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/sutra83169.php#83169
without being more explicit as to why I should personally be concerned.
In late July/early August I underwent two surgical interventions, one relatively minor and one major "fiddle" with my endocrine system.

Currently I'm in assessment for an chemotherapy and optimistic (having since had several reports from friends and relatives on third parties they know with this "problem")
that enough years remain to me (with the most modern methods of treatment) until the definite cure mentioned in the above TF1 link can be developed and put to practice.

I remain 100% optimistic!

Once again, thanks for your good wishes and sentiments and I'll leave the subject at that for now..
Roger
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I chat from time to time with my old Endocrinologist pals from my working days in England,Rog,and they tell me that there are indeed slow,yet major breakthroughs coming all the time,particularly with diseases of the pancreas. For example,even partial pancreatectomy is far more of a go-er than it was even 10 yrs ago. Of course it means giving your own insulin,but I'm sure that'd be a minor inconvenience in the circumstances !

So,you are right to be positive,and hope you remain so.

Once again,best wishes.
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sandy M »

Hi Roger!
Rob (Morley) came to see us this afternoon and he mentioned this thread (which I'd somehow managed to miss) so I just wanted you to know that we're all rooting for you in Taurinya. The prognosis does sound excellent and we're delighted about that. Dave was there earlier this year, as you know, and he's doing brilliantly. A positive attitude undoubtedly goes a long way when it comes to curing cancer and, with your lovely temperament, you can't fail. Take care and take life gently.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

I have just seen the thread about Roger's illness and would like to throw in my my own comment. As a survivor of cancer myself I would like to wish Roger the best of luck and to assure him that there is a life out there after the big C. A posititive attitude is very important and I think Roger doesn't need to be advised about this. Good luck Roger. !!