New look website

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

New look website

Post by molliesassy »

Loving the new look anglophone-direct website. :D Well done Kate!
"click, click"
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Yeah, with Kate's photo looking like a tenny bopper - too young for web master, though!!!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Are those the only clothes you've got Kate???? That husband of your must be a tight fisted @#=\/~@. :lol: :lol:
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

looks good - cheerful, bright, clever and informative....and the new-look PO is good too :lol:
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

edann42 wrote:Are those the only clothes you've got Kate???? That husband of your must be a tight fisted @#=\/~@. :lol: :lol:
I have just made the same comment to Outie, although you do look very svelt !

petit problem chez nous with the new site, we cannot get the clickable link to the forum, is it just our computer or have you hidden it so we cannot join in the banter :wink:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I have the link, Op, it's at the bottom in red.

My only problem (and fully confess that it is probably my eyesight!!!!) is that I struggle to read the name of the last poster and when it was posted. For my eyes there isn't enough of a contrast between the lemon and the lime green.

The rest of it looks good and clean and fresh though.
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

opas wrote:
edann42 wrote:Are those the only clothes you've got Kate???? That husband of your must be a tight fisted @#=\/~@. :lol: :lol:
I have just made the same comment to Outie, although you do look very svelt !

petit problem chez nous with the new site, we cannot get the clickable link to the forum, is it just our computer or have you hidden it so we cannot join in the banter :wink:
Its working for me ..... :wink:

I've noted it here : http://the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5291

:wink:

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I can access it too.
It is much more attractive and inviting to use. I agree with Thumbers that the colours would benefit from more contrast ,mind I am speccy 4 eyes. Also the link for where the distribution points are to be found doesn't work for me.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Kathy wrote:Also the link for where the distribution points are to be found doesn't work for me.
me neither.

And I'm not speccy four eyes! :D :D :D :wink: (though maybe I should be! :oops: :lol: )
pjsing
Rank 1
Rank 1

New Look

Post by pjsing »

Loving the new look - don't often post but look in everyday - well done Kate - long may it continue

:lol:
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

The website formerly known as AD.

Very nice. Much cleaner and more exciting.

Is it officially PO Life now? I think that's a good idea too.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

thumbelina wrote: For my eyes there isn't enough of a contrast between the lemon and the lime green.
Wow!

If only all the little trials and tribulations of life were resolved so quickly, easily and painlessly!

:D :D :D

Thanks!

I can see it now! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Serge

Post by Serge »

Did she have all that bling on in the last one .....................
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

its working fine for me
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

uh oh! Having started this thread with how great the site looks on the computer through Internet Explorer, I have just looked it up on my iphone and it looks very strange :( Not showing right at all unfortunately.
"click, click"
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

No sooner had I said the last comment and it has been fixed! Looks great on my iPhone now.... Well done :)
"click, click"
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.
All feedback is really useful - it's still a work in progress with lots of changes to come, so your constructive criticism is essential.

My computer packed this weekend and I have treated myself to a Mac so totally confused for the moment! Even the keyboard is different.
If I am supposed to be meeting you, mailing you, phoning you.... please contact me as I have lost all my diary, and contact info!
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

molliesassy wrote:uh oh! Having started this thread with how great the site looks on the computer through Internet Explorer, I have just looked it up on my iphone and it looks very strange :( Not showing right at all unfortunately.
Same problem here with Firefox. The layout is completely wrong.

If you check the code validity here: http://validator.w3.org/ it comes up with over 300 errors on the home page!

Russell.
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

That's strange. It looks fine on Firefox here.

Also fine on Safari, Kate.

And remember, Kate, there are other Mac users on the forum. I for one will be happy to help sort out any difficulties .... or at least share your confusion.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

It seems to depend on the version. It works alright on Firefox 3.6.3 running on Windows XP but not on Firefox 3.6.10 running on Linux.

It is always best to check the validity of the html (or xhtml etc) code before publishing web pages to ensure the legality of the code otherwise it may work on some browsers and not on others.

The link I gave will check the code validity in a matter of seconds and report all errors.

Russell.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Just done an update to my system and the site displays perfectly now :oops:

However, the fact remains that it is full of errors which should be corrected. It seems that a major one is that the translation from html to xhtml was not done correctly.

Russell.
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Google Chrome

Post by Karrie »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get it to look as it should on Google Chrome? It appeared correctly just once. The forum looks as normal but the front page of P.P Life doesn't. If I use Firefox it displays as it should be. :?:
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Whoops

Post by Karrie »

Whoops; that should read P.O. Life :oops:
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I've tried it in Google Chrome running on Win XP pro and no problems there for me. However, as I've pointed out in previous posts, the code for the page is full of syntax errors so it will not necessarily work with all browsers/operating systems.

Russell.