Find Jonny Dorey

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Please don't click this off. It is very serious indeed.We need your help to spread information to find our Godson. His parents are close friends of ours and are now in America trying to find him. He is attending Uni in Virginia and and is studying for his masters degree on an exchange visit.All the details are on facebook and I am asking you to spread the informatiom to everyone you know.
He has been missing since last Tuesday along with his bike,he has missed classes and his phone is swtched off.
I doesn't matter where your friends are just ask them to look at his face and read about him.
Make them aware.
Thankyou
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Wouldn't some sort of link to his picture/details be useful here,Jenny?
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=jonny ... 0576960..1

Is this your actual godson Jenny, or is it a chain email you received? :?
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

So sorry I'm note very good on these amchine but I think we've now got the link.The heading is Find Jonny Dorey
Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=350577843749
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Thumbers makes a good point,Jenny. Is this person known to you?

Requests of this sort are VERY common on the Facebooks of this world as scams.

No offence is intended,but the name is very fishy (pun IS intended !)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Is there any chance that he could have found to the PO within since last week, with his bike? I wouldn't think that he's here.

Blackduff, althogh Ryanair might have put him into the luggage bin on the aft section of that 737.
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Ok guys so his real name is Jonathon Samuel Dorey. He didn't like to be called by his real name and chose Jonny he is our Godson so yes I have known him all his life and also his parents.
I am asking for any of you to send to people all over the place not just the PO.
We need his face to be recognised.
Mountain Mama
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

No problem, Jenny, now I know it's genuine, I'll circulate it amongst my friends and family and on facebook too.

I'm so sorry for your worry. I hope with all of my heart that your godson is found safe and sound before too much longer.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

I will circulate too, hope all ends well.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

bump
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thankyou to all who took the time to send on the details for the search for Jonny Dorey. Nothing has been heard yet and we are desparately worried now. Try and think of some more people you can e mail with the information.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Jonny still has not been found.
Please think of all your friends and relatives in the US who may be prepared to spread the word. Please send them the details and ask them to keep on spreading his photo which is attached to the link. He must be somewhere, someone must see him maybe in a cafe where he is totally unaware that anyone is looking for him.
Thank you
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

An article about Jonny Dorrey's diappearance is now on the Daily Mail. I have used my facebook to highlight this to my American friends. Keep it going. It must be horrifying for his family and friends. My hopes for a good outcome.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks Rose. I know these things can be dubious and we do understand people being worried about being "caught" by spoof reports but this is terribly important . He has now been gone for nine days with no word. His parents are dreadfully worried and are working with the police in the US.
Please keep sending out the link everybody.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Bumping this !

It was on Sky news tonight :(
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Watched for three hours and then missed it. We had all be told it would be on earlier. But thanks for letting us know.Still a nightmare but we are all trying to stay positive.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It was also on the sky red button, Jenny.

Go to 501. Press the red button. Press number 2. That will give you the news headlines. It was there during the night (don't know if it is at the moment as I haven't access to the TV - sorry!)
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

Quite a long segment on this morning.

My heart goes out to all his family and friends. It must be an awful time. Not on Facebook so can't help there but thoughts and prayers are with them all.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks folks....we found it. Not a bad piece at all. Lets hope it brings something positive.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
Did the parents check with the school authorities and see if he's doing okay in the classes or is he marginally grades current. If he has bad grades, he might have decided to "go walkabout" and visit a bit more about America.

Across the border is another thought. It's close and it's fun for a young person.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

His dissapearance has again been on sky news about 5 mins ago.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Nobody mentions about this boy. Is there any change? This has been five days since the last post.

Any News?

Blackduff
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Athough there have been bits and pieces on Sky news and GMTV, press reports both in the UK and all over the US sadly there is nothing to report. I speak to his Mum most days and she is trying so hard to be strong.But I think we can only imagine how the family feel.We are all staying as positive as possible and praying for his safe return.Thankyou so much for your interest.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
I did find that there's a reward for any information ~ the amount is £10,000, I think. This is fairly recent. But, this is the only info on the internet right now.

After viewing programs like the CSI New York, NCIS, CSI-Miami, etc. and all of the tricks to find everybody, it's obvious this isn't true.

Keeping him in the headlines though is still a good method of finding him again. Keep asking and maybe the pieces of the puzzle can be located.

Blackduff
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

I totally forgot the reward. Yes it rose from 5000 dollars to 10000 dollars this week. Thanks for the reminder.It's weird how thought of money diapears when you are concentrating so hard on Jonny and his parents. I keep thinking he will turn up at any time and be suprised by all the fuss. The last time he was here he was throwing himself down the mountain on his mountain bike having a whale of a time. So we must keep him in our thoughts and prayers and look forward to his return.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Such a worry....we must keep this link going to refresh everyone.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

I am now at my wits end. I have to keep this in the public eye. Maybe you are new this forum and haven't seen this.So I am going to be a real nuissance and keep it on the top of the poll.
On Monday I start to send out the new flyer unfortunately the number of outlets ie bike suppliers and bike shops etc is over 5000000 so you won't hear much from me as I plod through North Carolina, South Carolina Richmond, Virginia etc. Wish me luck guys. We want to see Jonny come back safely.Thanks again for your support.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Good luck Jenny, I hope you find him.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
I put a search (alert) on Google for Jonny Dorey and this will report whenever something news about him. You could have this for yourself as well as some other parts of this search.

I do this search for my wife's web site. It's funny how often things arrive from this search. Same for my web site for the apartment. My apartment's name is the same as a place in the Pyrenees but on the other side of France. I'm jealous since this site gets more hits than mine.

Anyway, the google search (alert) is a good tool and it's free.

Blackduff
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hey guys I will owe you all a drink when you come up to the mountains.Anything and everything will keep Jon up there in everybodies minds.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou.