Find Jonny Dorey

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Serge

Post by Serge »

Can t'management (admin) not make it a 'sticky' then it always stays at the top ?
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

College starts tomorrow. All our hopes are on the next few hours for Jonny to return.I am not religious but I have been to the church today I lit a little candle, I am not a Catholic but I am praying,I am hoping and I am keeping everything crossed that he will come back. Please join me in this. This is the life of a lovely young man who means the world to his parents, who has everything in front of him. Please all think positive today, tonight and tomorrow. Thankyou.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Joony Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

OK we are frantic I must keep this on top of the list. Please stay with me on this I will stop shortly, we have just built ourselves up to this point. Stay positive with me guys ..
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

We are with you. I go onto the Facebook site every day hoping for a good outcome.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks Rose.I suppose No news is good news. But my heart breaks for his Mum and Dad. Keep hoping guys.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
Here's one of the Google Alerts.

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2010/03/2 ... ove-false/

So far this doesn't find Jonny yet but they say that the FBI is involved too now. They're going to find him.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks Blackduff. One problem could be that he now grown a beard. His face would be totally different and I don't think they pics of with anything more than stubble.His accent of would stand out,but at least people are looking and are responding to the alerts.
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

Is there any news since College went back?
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Unfortunately then day came and went and still no sign. I think we were all hoping he would come back to his classes but his first class was at 8am yesterday and no sign. The British Consul has now put some info on their main web site so maybe that will help spread the word a bit further.Thankyou for asking, it does help to know that people care.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=12197250

This isn't a good alert. Have a look. Jonny's clothes and personal items are found in the river. I have another alert but I have to check this.

Sorry for the bad information.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Here's the other alert.
http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-water-sea ... 1971.story

Basically, it says the same as the first alert.

Blackduff
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Not necessarily bad news, must keep focused and positive.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

We are absolutey devasted by this news. But we will continue to stay positive although it is hard at the moment. Your continuing care means alot to us. This is a situation that happens to other people and you read it papers.Your heart goes out to them.But this so close it it hurts. Keep praying for jonnys safe return Thankyou
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

This was on Sky News this morning.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... deo_Appeal

stay positive Jenny!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Here's another alert but it looks similar to the last from the Sky report.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... n_Virginia

The alerts from Google keep finding new reports, one of which was from Russia. Jonny has everyone looking for him.

Blackduff
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thankyou Blackduff I don't there is anything else I can say.
Keep praying .
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Hi Jenny. I love reading your Mumble in the Mountain on A-D - our family come up to Les Angles quite frequently.

We've been so sad to read of Jonny's disappearance and hope that the thoughts and support you get from members on here are helping you to get through each day. Stay strong!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
Here's another alert.

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2010/03/2 ... continues/

It's not much help, other than people are still looking for Jonny. I haven't posted all of the alerts but most is the same as the previous.

Keep positive!

Blackduff
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Thanks for these News Alerts.Even speaking to his Mum, she can't put anymore light on it. She is very grateful to everyone for being so supportive. And so am I , we all do appreciate every last word of what is being written and said.Your prayers are even more vital now.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Find Jonny Dorey

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

I would like to thanks everyone for their support over the past very difficult month. Messages on the forum and personal and private messages have been very much appreciated. We still live in hope that Jon will just walk back in.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
I can see that the amount of reports are slowing down to a trickle. I think we all have to keep trying whatever possible to keep looking for him.

The alerts I receive are "stale" reports. The last substantial alert is about a aircraft search around the area where his belongings were found. Maybe when things find newer reports, we should pass this information to everyone, so we're in the ability of where to search next.

I'm not sure if Jonny's parents could be possibly create a web site which shows each item found, to date. Maybe this others to give a new viewpoint of what to search. Probably there should a site which would give and receive any information. This will expand the search instead this effort going to zero.

I don't know these places like Facebook but maybe they could create a HQ for Search for Jonny Dorey. There's a whole bunch of these "Social" sites now and they can distribute information faster than most other methods.

Can a day per week asked to check for Jonny~how about each Saturday afternoon. If we get million people to look for a bit of time each Saturday, it may give the edge we need to find him. All that a person is needed is a good look at Jonny's photo. Then, we each need to be pro-active on searching. If a person is at a mall, look when you're passing the food stalls. Jonny has to eat, so why not check to see if he's in your area.

AND, we have to give our prayers too.

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
THis is the latest Alert for Jonny. This is somebody saw a person who was swimming in the river, on the particular day. This is from the Google Alert and this looks credible.

Here's the alert.
http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonli ... ?id=488223

This does say about the clothing which was found.

Blackduff