PANICDEMIC

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

PANICDEMIC

Post by Gus Morris »

It is 5.00 am and I can’t sleep. So why not share a few thoughts with anybody who cares to read this? Like countless others I have been living in self imposed isolation for what feels like an eternity. In truth I have been fortunate. I’m not living alone and I can think of worse things than passing my days in a house with a garden and views over the sea and the mountains. All has been well thus far. But should I fall ill I have the comfort of guaranteed access to first class medical care.

The pandemic has dominated the media for weeks. It has been as if we have been living in world created by H.G.Wells or John Wyndham. Interminable reports of the mounting death toll and stories of the valiant efforts and sacrifices being made by others so that we may live. It is a sobering thought that, in reality, this is nothing new. Living in Europe most of us have no memories of the two world wars. When our families lived for years in fear of their lives and endured enormous hardships. When millions perished. For years we have been shielded from the horrors that occur daily almost on our doorstep.

Next week, god willing, I may once again be able to open the front gate and venture forth. Enjoy the simple pleasure of a picnic sitting looking down into the sea. Or just leave the village to buy a few plants at a garden centre. I can’t wait.

Gus Morris

Postscript

I see from the stats that this has been viewed many times. Sadly without any comments. The last two months have been a unique exoerience for most of us. We have developed coping strategies and learned lessons. Maybe this would be a good place to share them.
Rombolo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: PANICDEMIC

Post by Rombolo »

Dear Gus,
Your postscript, as opposed to the main article, actually asks a question inviting a response.
Your main article is rhetorical statement that talks about you, your situation, your hopes, your lamentations.
If you had expressed some heartfelt interest towards specifically hearing back from those people who are less privileged than you, and there are many, I am sure there would have been more of a response. However, I suggest most people who read the piece, decided it was best to leave you in your empathetic void.