A brief word in my own defence.

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

A brief word in my own defence.

Post by martyn94 »

I fear that my style here is sometimes abrupt. I can only say in my defence that my typing is lousy, and I learnt to use the internet in a working environment (like lots of us) where you just had to shift the stuff if you ever wanted to go home.

I can also say that I do very often try to help people (more like once a day than once a month: it’s an advantage of this forum that you can see how often other members have actually said anything over the years, whether helpful or not, apart from telling me that I’m a bad person.) If I say other things to people than “2+2 equals 4â€￾, it’s not to demean them, but with the idea of making it easier, for them, next time they need info which they could very well get for themselves (and if I’m arriving at a foreign airport, in a new country, in lodgings located nowhere very much: I want the info as solid as I can get, and quite often quickly.).

God knows that I’m not exactly Liberace when using a Google search box, but you do get a bit better if you practice, but not if you don’t.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi. I actually enjoy reading the majority of your answers. Hope you will keep answering the threads ( maybe be careful.not to upset anyone 😉). Think you are probably one of the most active posters on here.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

tia wrote:Hi. I actually enjoy reading the majority of your answers.

That’s kind. But the odd thing is that many of our answers, and not just mine, are not things that any sane person could enjoy. Where’s the bus to X; how will taxe d’hab work next year? I hold my own skills in very high regard, as will be obvious. But if anyone else claimed to know the answer to questions like this, and I seriously cared about the answer, I’d immediately go and check. You can only hope that the initial response might give you some pointers.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Like Tia, I too enjoy your posts, considerably more so than ones persistently whingeing about you.

As far as i’m concerned, you can be as snarky with me as you like.

What we all need to realise is that often when someone asks ‘Where do I get the bus to xxx?’ They really mean, ‘I am coming to a strange place and am nervous about it. I would like to feel there are other people there who speak the same language who have trodden the path before and might know a better way of getting there.’

By the way, thank you for clarifying the unpleasant americanism, as an occasional reader of adult literature, i was worried for the safety of American donkeys.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: