Super yacht Titania

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnMarvi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JohnMarvi »

Its funny how every discussion about these yachts slips into how awful, lavish and useless they are. Are there smarter ways to invest in? Yes. Does it solve the world problems? No. Are they really awesome looking? Hell yeah. :D I would love o throw a party on such yacht. Well as long as it doesnt look like something like this.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Me too. If I had a boat like that, I'd call it the P-O Life and invite you all to a champagne cocktail party. Love over the top-ness. Why not? Doesnt do any harm to anyone and gives us loads to talk about, good and bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:Me too. If I had a boat like that, I'd call it the P-O Life and invite you all to a champagne cocktail party. Love over the top-ness. Why not? Doesnt do any harm to anyone and gives us loads to talk about, good and bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would just sit there like Ernst Blofeld, stroking a Siamese cat, and dump you all in a tank of piranha fish. In a nice way, obviously.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

[quote="neil mitchell"] Even at that age I recognised the gross wealth and privilege which it represented [/quote]

Quite. I’m sorry to disagree with Kate, but such gross inequality does actually cause all kinds of social harm, including mental and physical illness, social unrest, etc, etc. And interestingly, research shows that huge wealth doesn’t even make the people who possess it happy - once your income reaches a point where you can live quite comfortably (it used to be about £50,000 a few years ago, probably a bit more now), anything above that doesn’t make you any happier.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I'm sure you're right Steve. Wealth, be it hard worked for, inherited, or won brings out a lot of strong and unhealthy emotions in others but life is short. My personal opinion is that If you have the money, and there's something that makes you happy, buy it and enjoy it. And if others resent you for it, then that is their problem to deal with.....but I'm talking on a much smaller scale than you.
Inequality will always exist. you cant pay a toilet cleaner the same as a brain surgeon.....and i fear I am opening up a can of worms so will stop there, keep my finger poised on the delete button ready for what might follow..... and tell you that you will all be invited to my big boat party, no matter how mean you are ! :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »