Smoking out the Brexout Mistruths and lack of Substance

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Lanark Lass wrote:Support for these people is notable by its absence from people with a vested interest in the Brexit vote e.g. government leaders?
What is this meant to say, in English? I say this thinking that I am probably on the same side as you. The next few weeks are going to be very hard sledding.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Latest reports and polling thankfully says the Vote is moving towards Stay....especially with the Tory Voters... they have moved 5% And the ££££ has climbed 2 euro cents in 24 hours... Hopefully people are now seeing through the Fog created by the Brexouters...
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

montgolfiere wrote:Latest reports and polling thankfully says the Vote is moving towards Stay....especially with the Tory Voters... they have moved 5% And the ££££ has climbed 2 euro cents in 24 hours... Hopefully people are now seeing through the Fog created by the Brexouters...
I do wish people wouldn't say things like this. Register to vote, and vote, if you can. Cross your fingers if you can't. But don't exult before the fat lady has sung.

It's not that I'm superstitious, or anything like that.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Martyn94, what I meant was I thought D Cameron & Co would pull out all the stops to get the expats votes if he is serious about wanting to stay in Europe.
But apparently Westminster discussed whether or not to allow the "over 15 years" ex pats before announcing the referendum date. So.... does he really care whether there is a Brexit or not?The majority would probably vote to stay in.

Both he and Boris are rich enough for it not to matter which way the vote goes. Boris is only interested in being the next P.M/ in any case.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Lanark Lass wrote:Martyn94, what I meant was I thought D Cameron & Co would pull out all the stops to get the expats votes if he is serious about wanting to stay in Europe.
But apparently Westminster discussed whether or not to allow the "over 15 years" ex pats before announcing the referendum date. So.... does he really care whether there is a Brexit or not?The majority would probably vote to stay in.

Both he and Boris are rich enough for it not to matter which way the vote goes. Boris is only interested in being the next P.M/ in any case.

According to the Ct of Appeal judgment in the Shindler case (here https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content ... dler-2.pdf), about 27,000 of us EU residents have actually bothered to sign up for UK votes, out of maybe a couple of million who might be eligible. The idea that we might matter in the least to the cabal of Old Etonian plutocrats who you think rule us (probably correctly) is just fantasy. And we have no-one to blame for that but ourselves.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Moved!