View from afar

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

View from afar

Post by Gus Morris »

It's a while since I last checked out this site.

l look at the list of most recent topics. One spat on the subject of UK TV. Nothing new there then!. And the rest some guy trying to flog the contents of his house. Didn't even bother to open them. Not exactly exciting stuff.

Nothing that grabs me. Pity really, I'm always up for a discussion on aspects of living in the PO. Or France in general. With the possible exception of food and drink which bores me stiff.

Gus
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

And so we look forward in anticipation of the sparkling discussion you are going to start up in a new thread ........?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

If it's so boring, why do you spend so much time creating pseudonyms to post these kind of comments? How many is it now Paul?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Plus ça change..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: View from afar

Post by martyn94 »

Gus Morris wrote:It's a while since I last checked out this site.

l look at the list of most recent topics. One spat on the subject of UK TV. Nothing new there then!. And the rest some guy trying to flog the contents of his house. Didn't even bother to open them. Not exactly exciting stuff.

Nothing that grabs me. Pity really, I'm always up for a discussion on aspects of living in the PO. Or France in general. With the possible exception of food and drink which bores me stiff.

Gus
"So what shall we talk about?" is about the most guaranteed conversation-stopper of all. But nevertheless, what do you want to talk about? Start some threads. I will rise to almost anything, except maybe tick medicine for dogs.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Now Gus, you are the one becoming boring! You discussed a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, having a go at me for selling /wanting stuff...now you are back again. I said then you were free to open a date, obviously you are as boring as the next person.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: View from afar

Post by GrahamC »

Gus Morris wrote:It's a while since I last checked out this site.

Gus
And so...what?. Where is your rival site full of fun, interesting discussions and essential information about the PO? Oh, you havent got one. That'll be because, unlike Kate, you are incapable of getting off your fat arse and actually doing something constructive. In fact you don't even seem to be capable of offering positive help for this site with contributory articles of your own.

So really all you achieve by your asinine comment is to get peoples' backs up. There's nothing more depressing than working hard and long on a project only for some idiot to make inane negative comments.

I feel sorry for Kate having to read such trash.
Rick Johnson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rick Johnson »

In the past years I have just been a watcher on this site. But now feel moved to contribute.

Kate and others do a fine job keeping it going, but it seems that every so often someone appears out of nowhere, hell-bent on causing offence and trouble. From the writing style it's clear that these contributors are one and the same person. Gus Morris is just the latest incarnation.

As is so often the case,the pertinent question has been raised as to why, if this individual finds this site so boring, does he sully himself by offering his superior intellect on it ?

Perhaps he is so busy doing lots of interesting things in Nottingham that he's not had the time to , as suggested, open some lively topics to discuss that do not involve TV, food, drink or furniture sales ? Will he be rectifying that any time soon ?

Does anybody know?

Does anybody care ?

In the meantime Kate and others, keep up the good work.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I was dozy enough to suppose that this guy had some connection here, and just happened to be "afar" for the time being. The idea that someone would
just snark like this at random was too absurd to strike me. One wonders how many other sites he favours with his comments, and how much of his time it takes him. Too dismal for words.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

I was stopping over in Hawaii when I posted this. My laptop was broken and I had to use one of the computers in the hotel lobby. The girls on the desk had suggested a place where I might get it mended but it was beyond repair. So I got the guy to remove the hard drive and bought a new laptop at Fry's when I lreached the mainland.

For various reasons it was several days before I looked on here again. Saw the replies and decided to ignore them. But it does not stop me feeling a bit sad to see what has become of many of the forums and FB groups aimed at ex-pats in our part of France.

There is so much going on that affects us. From the big stuff like the immigrant crisis to the little things like struggling with self service checkouts at the super markets. And everything in between. But most people don't seem to feel happy to share their thoughts and experiences any more. Which is a pity in my book.

Going back to Hawaii. No doubt some of you will have been there. Like the PO, the economy relies on tourism. Big time. The islands have a wide range of climatic zones concentrated in a very small area. Lots of people retire there too. Sounds familiar?

That's it. We had a great opportunity to use social media to serve the whole community. But we blew it. Too bad.

Augustus (Gus) Daniel Morris.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Gus Morris wrote:I was stopping over in Hawaii when I posted this. My laptop was broken and I had to use one of the computers in the hotel lobby. The girls on the desk had suggested a place where I might get it mended but it was beyond repair. So I got the guy to remove the hard drive and bought a new laptop at Fry's when I lreached the mainland.

For various reasons it was several days before I looked on here again. Saw the replies and decided to ignore them. But it does not stop me feeling a bit sad to see what has become of many of the forums and FB groups aimed at ex-pats in our part of France.

There is so much going on that affects us. From the big stuff like the immigrant crisis to the little things like struggling with self service checkouts at the super markets. And everything in between. But most people don't seem to feel happy to share their thoughts and experiences any more. Which is a pity in my book.

Going back to Hawaii. No doubt some of you will have been there. Like the PO, the economy relies on tourism. Big time. The islands have a wide range of climatic zones concentrated in a very small area. Lots of people retire there too. Sounds familiar?

That's it. We had a great opportunity to use social media to serve the whole community. But we blew it. Too bad.

Augustus (Gus) Daniel Morris.
The fact that nobody has responded to this diatribe speaks reams. We're all happy with our Forum.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Or maybe we just prefer the PO to Hawaii. Wherever that is.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

unfortunately, every forum attracts a certain number of trolls...
quite amusing, but a little goes a long way! 8)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Haha. Same old same old! :lol: :lol: