Travel article on P-O

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Travel article on P-O

Post by Kate »

From travel writer Solange Hando

I am hoping you may be able to help with an article for Living France magazine (published by Archant / UK).

This is a cover feature on the Pyrénées-Orientales (2000 words / 8 pages) and we would like to include the point of view of one or preferably two British ‘expat’.
Would you be able to help from your own experience?

We cannot offer payment but if the interviewee runs a business, this can be mentioned within the quote, and in the case of accommodation/restaurants, it could be recommended in the fact box.
On publication, contributors receive a pdf of the article or print magazine if they prefer.

*All we need is about 100 words on the experience of living/working in the Pyrénées-Orientales, highlighting the positive aspects of this particular department.
We would also like a digital image, head and shoulders is best, we don’t need a professional shot and 1MB should be sufficient (the printed picture is actually very small).

Here are a few guidelines about what we like to include but feel free to add or delete as you wish.
-Where did you come from in the UK?
-When and why did you settle in this department?
--What do you (and family if it applies) enjoy best about life in the P.O?
What would you say are the most positive/attractive aspects of the department / or the village or town where you live ?
(anything from location, scenery or activities to lifestyle, food, wine and so on...)

Ideally I would need this by the middle of next week if you can manage it.
(If not, let me know and I’ll see what I can do)

You can contact Solange at solange.travel@btinternet.com