P-O Life summer edition

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

P-O Life summer edition

Post by Kate »

P-O Life summer
Now that the summer POL mag is out, I would love to hear your comments and constructive criticism. The new look has been created by a completely new team. We have struggled to try and make it fun and friendly, but with useful info that is genuinely going to be worth the read. Has it worked for you? Is it pleasant and easy to read? Are the adverts useful without spoiling the general read? Without them, I couldn't pay the printing and design, so they are terribly important to the continued running of the mag, but we try not to let them take over. Any opinions or suggestions for improvement very welcome - as long as they're not too mean as I'm a sensitive little soul!!! :-)
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

It's great Kate. It has a fun layout and is genuinely interesting to read. I also find the ads a very useful source of info.

On a small (very small) technical note, some of your pics are very low resolution. If you are using InDesign for your layout tool I think you can check for problem pics when you pre-flight the document.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks for your comments Graham. That's really useful to know. Do you mean the on line version for the lo res pics, or the paper mag? Hoping it's the first. The on line version has to be filed down to a min res for it to download easily so a lots of the pics and some ads do suffer, but the pdf is really a very low res version of what has gone to the printers. Will bear that in mind in future though, as we tend the concentrate on the paper edition and forget that the PDFs is also important!
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

Kate I've PMd you.