consomateurs

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

consomateurs

Post by opas »

I used them sucessfully a few years ago and have passed thrir details on this forum and more recently to an elderly french neighbour.
She came to see me the other day to inform me they no longer exist in this region. Has anyone heard anything or know of another association that can help out in the same manner.
I suggested she contact her insurers to see if she has jurifique cover.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I am not surprised. There seems to be a complete lack of consumer rights here and the way big companies treat consumers is frankly disgusting.

I find the way that if you don't send a company a letter they don't want to see by recorded delivery they ignore it or throw it away quite incredible.

It really is time for a proper consumer rights organisation here, the French seem to accept this appalling situation, but those of us coming from elsewhere where consumers have power over conglomerates know it can be different.

OK off the soapbox, it will be interesting to see if there is anyone out there to defend us because we really need it!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Cheers Steve, coming from a customer service background I realy get annoyed when people get ripped off, I don't understand why the French seem to accept bad service/business ,in eduation civique the pupils are drilled their rights...strange they can qoute them but do not have the nouse to carry it out....triganomatry passed me by but boy do I know when I have been ripped off.

I will catch up with my neighbour late next week( she has gone away to a funeral) and see if she has been given any help from her family.
She has been sold a car that had anew CT....but has shown a few faults.....amounting to 1500 euros of repair on a car of same value!!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.