loom bands

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

loom bands

Post by opas »

This new craze is a bit strange to me, but then so was the scobidoo plastic string stuff that was the rage when my eldest girl was about 10 years old.

I have done 2 changeovers this weekend and in both properties I was picking these tiny elastic bands up from under beds and down sofa cushions but more dangerously I went flying on a couple that mingled in hallway tiles.

Has anyone on here made a bikini out of them yet :lol: I did see that someone had made a dress from them.........
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Just had to google it - never heard of them. Feel sooooooo old! :oops:
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Every child has them here in UK but only saw them on a market stall once in last couple of weeks while I was over.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

:shock: I'll sur tet market has about 20 stalls at this time of year, the goats cheese man from montalaba, the guy with his coloured baskets, various shoe and lothes stalls along with the fish van and a few veg stalls.......3 stalls all selling makeup,jewelry and loom bands.
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Gifi is full of them! When I went to Belfast beginning of April the whole city was sold out!!
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: loom bands

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

I did see that someone had made a dress from them

Brilliant idea. Just what I need: an elastic dress - stretches when I've had a good meal.
H :wink:
mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

loom bands

Post by mammadee »

Widely available on Amazon!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I think insead of sucking them into the vac or picking them up, I should have saved them. I could have made mr O a thong or a mankini :oops:

At least another 20 on yesterdays changeover, or perhaps instead of a thong I could make a tapestry type notice, requesting guests to wash away their own two weeks worth of toothpaste spit off the sinks :evil:
But that's another thread!
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Its when they get the toothpaste the full height of a 3 foot over sink mirror that you question what they do!
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

New thread needed.
But here goes.
Two weeks ago, same house, four lovely new towels appeared, I alerted owner incase guests had left them by accident. I hid them on the property. Made up enough beds requested by guests in separate ,1 double and 2 separate single rooms.

Yesterday, 3 of towels left by prevous guests had dsapeared along with one of owners towels.
I have just ironed 4 duvet covers 1 double and 1 sindle sheet. Note I made up 3 beds.and folded 5white towels( these were also in with the spare bedding.

Numerous loom bands, broken biros and at least a packet of crisp s between 3 rooms later. It makes you wonder about their own homes doesn't it.
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Yep so glad I no longer do it.
Dylan