La Poste, Argelès Plage

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

La Poste, Argelès Plage

Post by Smiley G »

This excellent "sub post office" is situated on the Avenue du Grau and serves the coastal strip from Le Racou to Argelès North Shore.
With the exception of the high season, this office is operated by one excellent member of staff and is open on 3 full days and 3 half days per week.
Recently there have been a number of exceptional closures entailing the need to visit the main La Poste in Argelès village, an issue if you've walked to Argelès Plage in the first place!
In the past, staff absence has been covered by relief staff either from the village or elsewhere.
This week, I had to visit the main Argelès office and found a minimal number of staff on duty.
Does anyone know if La Poste are cutting back on operations in the area?
Is this happening anywhere else?
I met one neighbour this afternoon who had walked to Argelès Plage this morning to collect a small parcel that La Poste could not deliver on Friday. The office was closed again and they will now have to leave the parcel there until Monday or Tuesday.
It's not very good service is it?
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have used the Plage Post Office several times over the last couple of weeks and each time they have been open. I hope it doesnt close as its so convenient to be able to park in the adjoining car park. I must admit each time I have been there have only been a maximum of 3 people in front of me and on a couple of occasions no-one.
Dylan