Rose C, Laroque - come in please

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Rose C, Laroque - come in please

Post by Kate »

Don't know how often you check into the forum Rose, but your email has been hacked. Have recieved a dozen emails as follows.

Hello!
I'm sorry you're getting the mail from me at this Point in time,my family and I came down here to kiev (Ukraine), for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we stayed,all cash credit cards and cell were stolen off but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

I have been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves pretty soon from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.Please be so kind to reply back so I can tell you what to do and how to get some cash to us.

I'm freaked out at the moment.

Rose

As I'm fairly sure that it's not you, may I suggest that you warn your contact list - and surtout tell them NOT to reply. Anybody who knows Rose, could you pass this on please? Merci.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Rose Coulter, Laroque

Post by Rose »

Hi. Thanks to Kate for letting me know. Have changed my password on my FB and AOL account. Don't know what else to do. Can anyone help by telling me what to do when I've been hacked
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Rose C

Post by Rose »

Have just been thinking. Who on earth would want to holiday in Kiev at the moment?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I had exactly the same email from friends Rose. They regularly go to Romania where they run a charity but I knew straight away they wouldn't be in Kiev.
Dylan
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Rose Coulter, Laroque

Post by Rose »

Think it is just Facebook friends who have received this as have spoken to others this afternoon.