Cancelling Sky account

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Cancelling Sky account

Post by russell »

Has anyone else had problems canceling their Sky account follwing the recent satellite changes?

In early February I went on line and cancelled my account. At the end of the month I noticed that they had taken £27 out of my UK bank account so I cancelled the standing order.

In the last few days I have received a letter from Sky (sent to my old UK address of course) to say that I owe them £27 and threatening me with a debt collector.

Ever tried contacting them? I'm still waiting for a sensible response to one letter, a conversation on their chat service, and several emails most of which only get an automated response.

Good luck if you try to cancel :evil:

Russell.
PS. Try googling "problems with sky account cancellation"
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Russell, are you in a "fixed term" contract? If you're contracted to them on an annual renewal basis, then they'll keep you to it.
Also, do you have any SKY equipment that is rented as part of the monthly payment?
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I personally have never had any problems with Sky but I normally phone them mid-morning when they are not normally busy.

If you are paying Sky a subscription then you presumably have Sky plus. Practically all the main ITV,BBC, C4 and C5 programs are available on Sky's On Demand service which works really well with Overplay.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I don't have a fixed term contract and I don't rent equipment from them.

I tried telephoning them but the only number they publish is an 0844 pay number which doesn't work from France.

After about half a dozen emails which didn't help I posted my experience on the MySky forum and received an apology by email and an assurance that they have cancelled my subscription and deleted the outstanding balance on the account. So that's the way to get their attention.

Russell.