Weekly News Update

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Weekly News Update

Post by kathyw »

I read an article last week in the Weekly News Update about dogs that were being kidnapped and tortured.
Has anybody heard any update about this?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We got a rescue dog from the refuge Un Gite une gamelle in Rivesaltes and the lady there confirmed it and described some of the awful things that have gone on. I won't go into detail here as it's too upsetting, but it's weird as there is no rhyme or reason to it, in that the dogs were taken, starved, tortured, thrown out of cars...... Why? There are some truly evil people around, that's for sure!
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Its disgusting. Im scared to take my dogs out
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

From what I understood, they were dogs who were alone in gardens with no owners around,so try not to worry as long as you're with them. Also, without wanted to sound snobby (but difficult to say it without doing so - apologies to anyone who finds me out of order) it all seems to have taken place in the less salubrious areas of the region. It's always wise to be careful, but don't let it spoil wonderful walks and quality pooch time!
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Thanks for that. Im in Barcarès and in the news report it said St Laurent which isnt that far from me.
Maybe Im just been a bit over cautious