Telephone and internet - maison secondaire

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Telephone and internet - maison secondaire

Post by Lanark Lass »

Hello,

does anyone with a maison secondaire connect and disconnect their telephone and internet connection on-line?

Does Orange charge if one does this?

Thanks for any info.
PETER
Rank 0
Rank 0

telephone and internet

Post by PETER »

Hi,
We live in France full time and have a telephone and internet link via wifi Broadband.The connection is through Orange and the land line of course is with France telecom.
We travel a great deal and just switch the phone and internet off when we are not at the house,this also comes in handy when there is about to be a thunderstorm. as any storm will interfere with the rooter.
Orange also do a TV and Mobile connection through the system
Of course there is still the monthly connection fee for the phone and the internet,but the charge is very minimal and is so convenient.
Hope this may be useful
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Hello, I have been leaving the phone connected all the time but sending a letter to connect and disconnect the internet service. Just looking to see whether it could be done on line and at what cost.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

It can be done online but I don't have a good relationship withn Myspace Orange. I think you only save rental on complete months.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Is there a certain package that you can do this with?, or is it just basic orange broadband. What is the monthly cost of this package as we might need to get telephone line in since the tv has gone.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I have a broadband deal with SFR for Eur30 per month. I don't pay the line rental which is around Eur17 per month because after they set up the broadband connection they (SFR) contact Orange France and disconnect the line for telephone and it can only be used for broadband. We still keep our French landline number but instead of plugging the phone into the phone socket, we plug it into the wireless router. We get unlimited broadband and, because phone calls are made over the internet and not the phone line, unlimited free calls to pretty much any country worldwide. I looked at deals where you can suspend the line but it was complicated and worked out no cheaper than a flat rate of Eur30 per month.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Geoman wrote:Is there a certain package that you can do this with?, or is it just basic orange broadband. What is the monthly cost of this package as we might need to get telephone line in since the tv has gone.
It is called "orange découverte": around €30 a month. I have never used it, because it is not worth the aggro for me to switch it on and off. A friend does who only wants about 3 months straight in the summer. He always bitches about the paperasse, but I think the saving is worth it for him. You can suspend your phone line rental in much the same way by setting it up as a résidence secondaire (by giving proof that you have a r principale elsewhere:again I have never bothered).