The new Nazi salute

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

The new Nazi salute

Post by Kate »

Very current in the news at the moment is the new 'inverted' Nazi salute, which is spreading, due to the banning of the former one.

I don't get heated about many things (too lazy) but I find this absolutely disgusting that someone who 'has been convicted more than a half-dozen times for inciting racial hatred or anti-Semitism' should even be allowed his own show, never mind get so much publicity on televison.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I totally agree.
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

If the state keeps on trying to ban him, he will keep on getting TV coverage and attract even more support (and cash) through social media. Maybe we should try just ignoring the guy: it could hardly succeed any worse.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

The local elections are coming. The government is worried about the Front National. This is a crude attempt to provoke Mme Le Pen and her supporters into doing something stupid. They are not rising to the bait.

Mary
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Er..... No, Merisen...this has nothing to do with Marine Le Pen. This has a lot to do with banning a show and incitement to racial hatred by a racist propagandist who, by the way, happens to be breaking the law.

Helen
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

Lots of clues here, but Inspector Clouseau here has not managed to identify this person. Who are we talking about? :?
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:Er..... No, Merisen...this has nothing to do with Marine Le Pen. This has a lot to do with banning a show and incitement to racial hatred by a racist propagandist who, by the way, happens to be breaking the law.

Helen
The timing of this by Manuel Valls is irrelevant -I think not! Any more than the revelations about DSK were. Maybe even the recent stuff about FH's vie privee. All this is timed to cause the maximum damage, create opportunities and further the aims of the instigators.

Just like in "Yes Minister"

Mary
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dieudonne ....I think

Post by Helen »

Hi Colin,

I think this may be the answer you're looking for
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25668275

I get French news alerts via the M6 app - every day for the last week the alerts have been on this one story. Have to say, had never heard of him before last Tuesday. But having seen the name, time after time, in recent days, I went a googling.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Merisin wrote:
The timing of this by Manuel Valls is irrelevant -I think not! Any more than the revelations about DSK were. Maybe even the recent stuff about FH's vie privee. All this is timed to cause the maximum damage, create opportunities and further the aims of the instigators.

Just like in "Yes Minister"

Mary
Just because you think that everything is a giant conspiracy, it doesn't mean that you're paranoid. But perhaps you are in this case. M Valls has succeeded in showing that Dieudonné has very wide support for views far more extreme than Mme Le Pen would express (or perhaps even believe). It is hard to see why this is to his advantage.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Merisan, I hardly think you can compare an old-fashioned comedy tv show (Yes, Minister) with a very persuasive and dangerous hate-preacher. Have you actually read or heard the words of his infamous "song", Shoah Nana? Anyone with the slightest streak of decency will be sickened.
But you know, Merisan, in the end, our opinions have no bearing on the matter. We can protest and demonstrate till we're all blue in the face but unfortunately there'll always be scum like Monsieur Dieudonnée M'Blah Blah :wink: successfully filling empty minds with hatred.

Helen F (not to be confused with the other Helen!)
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

[quote="martyn94"][quote=

M Valls has succeeded in showing that Dieudonné has very wide support for views far more extreme than Mme Le Pen would express (or perhaps even believe). It is hard to see why this is to his advantage.[/quote]

Maybe because he is after the top job in much the same way as Sarko when he held the same position! FH is on the floor. Maybe this will be the knock out blow.

Mary
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

The biggest problem here is the enormous publicity the whole thing is being given. The fact that we are all talking about it, and both traditional and social media is aflame with passsion is exactly what fuels the flames and increases support for slimy toads like this. He must be in his element - never had such an enthusiastic and interested audience in his life.

Personally, I agreee with Martyn. Best to ignore him, not give him a platform (says she who started the thread! :oops: )
Colin L

Re: Dieudonne ....I think

Post by Colin L »

Helen wrote:Hi Colin,

I think this may be the answer you're looking for
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25668275

I get French news alerts via the M6 app - every day for the last week the alerts have been on this one story. Have to say, had never heard of him before last Tuesday. But having seen the name, time after time, in recent days, I went a googling.
Thanks, Helen.
EILEEN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by EILEEN »

Merisin wrote:
martyn94 wrote:
M Valls has succeeded in showing that Dieudonné has very wide support for views far more extreme than Mme Le Pen would express (or perhaps even believe). It is hard to see why this is to his advantage.[/quote wrote:
Maybe because he is after the top job in much the same way as Sarko when he held the same position! FH is on the floor. Maybe this will be the knock out blow.

Mary
Don't forget that last year the mayor of Perpignan tried unsuccessfully to ban this "comedians" show . There have been moves ever since to ban him.
EILEEN
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

the new

With respect, Merisin, don't you think the machinations of Ms Le Pen et al are rather irrelevant compared with the hatred and dangerous persuation propagated by Monsieur M'Bala M'Bala Dieudonée?
If you're in any doubt,I really do suggest you Google his Shoah Nana. (Pass the sick-bag, Gladys). Even if one doesn't understand French perfectly, the gist will not be lost on anyone.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I know that I'm the one who keeps saying that we should not give the stupid twonk the satisfaction of being a talking point....but it gets me so mad.
http://www.lindependant.fr/2014/01/13/n ... -20140115-[les_+_commentes]
Notice the audience of shaved heads!
This 'racist' black French comedian has been allowed to put on another show, which he did on Monday, as long as he left out the offensive stuff like sending Jews to gas chambers. For heaven's sake!! This is the kind of double twonk (my made up swear word) who incites racial violence and riots. When are we going to differentiate between freedom of speech and incitement to genocide?? :x :x :x
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

After reading the article Kate mentions, I read the comments; they are, apart from one or two, nasty, racist and full of hatred. Somebody wrote "Nowadays we can laugh at EVERYthing"...er, NO........sending people (Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, whoever..) to the gas chambers is not a subject to joke about.
Seeing the reactions of his followers I can see that Dieudonné is giving voice to the vilest feelings of the vilest people.
Helen
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I asked my girls (aged 16 and 20 years )about this man last night. The only thing the youngest knew was that his show was 'dumbed down' in Paris. I asked if their mates were discussing him......nope! The elder one had never heard of him, so her circle of friends are still discussing the price of vodka and nailbars :lol:
How about your son and his mates, Kate?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

No idea. He doesn't tell me anything about anything or anyone - just keeps emptying the fridge! :(
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

May I make a simple comment please?

Looking back on this thread I get the impression that, because I queried the motivations of those who instigated very high profile action at this time, I give the impression that I agree with the propos advanced by this man. This is emphatically not the case.

I have no time for the bigotry so often associated with organised religions. There is no master race, we are all human whatever our colour or ethnic background.

Mary
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

So true Merisin.
Dylan
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

Merisin wrote:May I make a simple comment please?

Looking back on this thread I get the impression that, because I queried the motivations of those who instigated very high profile action at this time, I give the impression that I agree with the propos advanced by this man. This is emphatically not the case.

I have no time for the bigotry so often associated with organised religions. There is no master race, we are all human whatever our colour or ethnic background.

Mary
I certainly did not get that impression and understood what you were getting at. I don't want to cause any ructions or any offence, but may I suggest, however, that in the light of what you say about our common humanity etc, you change your avatar from a golliwog. (It has genuinely been bothering me.)
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Colin L wrote: to"Merisin"
...........may I suggest, however, that in the light of what you say about our common humanity etc, you change your avatar from a golliwog. (It has genuinely been bothering me.)
I think most of us would feel happier if Colins suggestion could be followed. The golliwog symbol has been frowned upon for about 20 years.
Helen
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

I am vehemently not racist but the golliwog symbol has never implied anything to me other than a doll. I have read wikipedia on it and the categorisation is definitely not definitive. Is this an old chestnut?

FWIW I have been known to get quite angry at seeing the confederate flag symbol showing on Leicester council vans. To me that is widely used by proactively vehement/violent racists and should not be so widely tolerated.

As for the comedian who is raking in money for 'hate humour', words fail me.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

It is no chestnut, John. It's a very real consideration.

I go back to an uncle who was a commercial traveller with Robertson's jams so there was never a shortage of golliwog badges when I were a lad - which I thought nothing of in racial terms; I go back to having enjoying the Black & White Minstrel Show and making no connection between it and my black friends and acquaintances. But both, when I think about them now, were based on no more than crude and derogatory racial stereotypes. And that's how the golliwog is seen now and perhaps why I've never seen any historic clips of the Black & White Minstrel Show on TV.

I'm not wanting to make a big thing or cause a stooshie on the forum and I'm sure Mary is innocent of any racist intent with her avatar. It's just that personally, I'd rather not see it.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Colin L wrote:
I certainly did not get that impression and understood what you were getting at. I don't want to cause any ructions or any offence, but may I suggest, however, that in the light of what you say about our common humanity etc, you change your avatar from a golliwog. (It has genuinely been bothering me.)
The avatar is a joke which my family and friends appreciate. It's a reference to my (very) mixed race ancestry. Of which I am proud. I have little time for the politically correct posturing which has distorted our language and outlook. The past is immutable, they did things differently there.

Maybe i should ask the forum admin to delete me permanently?

Mary
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Just say the word. Admin is at your service. :lol: