Police to show more respect to criminals!

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Police to show more respect to criminals!

Post by Kate »

Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Not to criminals. To people they stop and search. Often on the sole grounds that they are young, male and have dark skin. Much like it was in the UK under the old 'sus' laws. Not so applicable here but, when I lived and worked in Lyon, i saw examples of this sort of police bullying. Everyone has the right to be treated politely, until it has been proved that they have done something wrong.

Pearson
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

I certainly welcome a change in the attitude of French police! I was accused of not stopping at a STOP sign at 'Mas Sabole' when I had! I received a fine and 3 points on my licence! I was on my way to take our son and family to Girona airport and shook all the way there and back (dangerous when you are on motorways)! Our son who is connected to the police (UK) would have liked to take it furthur had we had time! The officer's attitude to me was despicable and when I see the disgusting ways that people drive around 120 km's on 90 roads I ask continually where the bully police are then? I welcome police having to wear identification!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

My son has been stopped three times on the Le Perthus border, and strip searched for no reason whatsoever - other than they were four young men in a car. I was furious the first time and went storming down there, all four foot ten of me, to give them a good telling off, but they told me that they had the right to do what they wanted without giving a reason. I ranted a bit, then consoled myself by treating myself to a new handbag I had spotted while I was having my rant. :lol: Fickle woman!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

My daughter has been stopped a couple of times....she only got her permis in feb2013!
No problems, but just demanded her papers. I find it strange they would stop a young female on her own.
I have been driving over 30 years and have never been subject to a stop, even driving back from LePertus on my own.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.