FACEBOOK

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

I can find it on FB no problem. But it's a closed group so I can't really tell what it's like. There seem to be just a few snippets on the visible page thinggy. But what's going on in the secret section I have no idea. Not my cup of tea.

Mary
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Give us your proper name Merisin and by all means join and see for yourself there is no secret side.
Dylan
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

The Facebook site complements the forum beautifully. A big success.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

A big thank you Pearsonb from myself and Kate. There will continue to be teething problems but I think its starting to do what it was intended for. Just need a few more members adding to it rather than just Kate and I. We want it to be interactive.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Sounds great, but as I do not do Facebook I shall have to sit out.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Merisin, a closed Facebook group doesn't make it secret, it just means the moderators can accept or decline people wish not join, this is used to prevent spammers and 'trolls' etc.
Also you can join a closed group and as with all groups if you don't like it then leave, it's the same as all other groups on that respect.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Sue wrote:When I search P O Life it comes up OK. It is a closed group but that shouldnt stop people looking at it. They just cant post unless they are a member.
As a closed group, only members can see posts. Others can only see the list of members.

Not for me though - I've given up looking at Facebook because of all the c**p that the youngsters post all the time.

Russell (grumpy old man!)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

You're not at all grumpy Russell. I think that those of us who didn't grow up with it can't really see the point. It's a bit like opening up your life to the scrutiny of others.

On the other hand, I got a good telling off last week in st Cyp when I moaned (loudly apparently) about not being able to ring my husband to pick me up cos I'd forgotten my mobile. The elderly gent on the table next to us in the café actually tapped me on the shoulder and said " Mademoiselle" (liked that bit cos it made me sound young) Il ya 30 ans, on n'avait pas de téléphones portables....et on se debrouillait (managed) très bien. Le monde est devenu trop compliqué. On ne veut plus faire aucun effort. Je ne trouve plus ma place dans cette vie moderne" Felt awful and cycled home instead of trying to get a lift.

S'ppose what I'm really saying is what every one knows. Progress coninues - but as we get older, it's hard to roll with it. Follow me on witter! :lol:
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

My Dad loves using Facebook as a way of staying in touch with his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. But then he is only 92..

Pearson