SCAMMING AGAIN

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

SCAMMING AGAIN

Post by Sue »

Had a phone call this morning thought it was going to be the usual attempted cold sell but, in fact, this lady told me I was due a refund from Orange (highly unlikely). The usual ruse of Je suis Anglaise didnt work as she promptly spoke to me in English and gave me a number to ring "tout de suite". I took it down and promptly threw the paper in the bin. A few minutes later the phone rang again and a different voice said "do you speak English" to which I promptly replied NON. From articles I have read recently, if I had rung the number I was given I would have costs us a lot of money. Dont know how this scam works but thank goodness for once I wasn't having a senior moment!!
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

I had a similar call two weeks ago via the Orange "Stop Secret" system.
The caller claimed to be from Orange's Client Service team (now there's a contradiction in terms!) I challenged the caller and she hung up.
A call to Orange the following day resulted in their confirmation that the call was fraudulent.
I should point out her stated reason for calling was to verify my details. I smelled a rat but how many people do not and divulge log in or bank details?
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.