Moving Back to the UK

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Moving Back to the UK

Post by Sandy M »

I have decided to sell up and move back to the UK as soon as it's feasible to do so. I will return to Dorset where we used to live; this is also from where Pete runs his sound recording business.
I have thought long and hard about this decision, but the house and garden here in Taurinya are too big for me to look after, and I would have to spend a lot of time alone, although I am not in that situation currently; I have many very good friends here and they have been wonderful since Dave died, and for the six years before that. However, it's time to start afresh.
I have loved being in France (we arrived in January 2007) and draw huge comfort from the fact that Dave adored Taurinya and the people here, as indeed do I.
It is time for a new chapter in my life, and I know this is the decision Dave would have wanted me to make.
I will be moving sooner rather than later but, in the meantime, I am enjoying our beautiful house and garden.
It is a relief to know what lies ahead of me now... Any tips or advice about moving would be greatly appreciated, so feel free to contact me via pm.
Last edited by Sandy M on Fri 16 Aug 2013 12:47, edited 2 times in total.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Paul and I wish you all the happiness in the world, Sandy.
Sue
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ditto from myself and Olivier Sandy. My only advice, not the slightest little bit practical, or useful is.......just do it. Get out that feather quill and write yourself a new chapter, as only Mairi Craw can. Dave will be up there reading every word of the happy life he would wish on you the main character - your biggest fan as he always was. xxxx
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sandy M »

Thank you, Sue and Paul, and thank you, Kate and Olivier. That is a beautiful post, Kate, and I love your metaphor. I shall take your advice wholeheartedly! xXx
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

The very best of luck to you, Sandy.
You'll take wonderful memories with you, and you & Dave will leave your mark here.
Wherever you are,Dave will be with you - in your heart, in your mind, and his support will give you the strength to start a new life.

Helen
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sandy M »

Hi Helen!

Thank you so much for your lovely message; it means a lot to me.

I had a visit from the Mayor of Taurinya this morning as I emailed him to tell him my plans last night. Bernard came round to see me as he thought that was nicer than just emailing a response. He said the most lovely things about Dave and me, and complimented us on being so well integrated and a vital part of the village. He said Dave was missed very much and that I would be too, and he hopes I will visit often. He hugged me when he left and I was so touched. He also said don't just disappear as "we must have a drink to our continued friendship before you go." Glad my French isn't too shabby as he speaks very little English!

And you're right about Dave; he will always be with me and I'm sure he is helping me come to grips with all my new life will entail.

The response to my move back to the UK has been brilliant, so it confirms I'm doing the right thing. Let the next chapter of my life begin...