Royalty and all that jazz

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Royalty and all that jazz

Post by Merisin »

Why is it that the bulk of my French neighbours seem to think that, because I'm British, I'm some sort of expert on the House of Windsor. What is it with the French? There was a reportage last night on FR2 news about the media scrum outside some clinic in London where Kate(?) is due to give birth. Personally I can't get interested, neither can my husband.

And another thing. Why is it assumed that our menfolk are partial to whisky? I've actually had French people apologise for not being able to serve tea! We can't abide the stuff. Curious to say the least. I'm fed up with having to explain that the country portrayed in Asterix chez les Brittaniques is a caricature!

Mary
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

yes , had that for years. got asked on thursday about prince william etc, have no idea about any of it. In defense of the french though , it was the same in the uk but vice versa. Was always known as the french family there ( even though I had been born and brought up in the village till I was 14!) always getting asked about frogs legs and snails. here they all seem to think the english eat bacon etc for breakfast every morning.