where does it go?

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

where does it go?

Post by sue and paul »

Today we have been married 40 years and a day. I know where yesterday went, but what about the 40 years? Blimmin' 'eck :shock:
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Happy Ruby Anniversary for yesterday Sue and Paul. x
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks Sue
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Happy Anniversary to both of you. I know how happy you are surrounded by your children and grandchildren. Just think of the results of those first 40 years! You have created two new generations! May the next 40 years be as happy and fruitful (?) as the first 40. xxxxx
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks for those kind thoughts Kate. But why did it all go so quickly? I have to admit though that I can remember some v-e-r-y slow times!!! :wink: e.g. Friday afternoons in term time
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

40 years

Post by Lanark Lass »

Congratulations on 40 years Sue and Paul! Did you have a glass of ruby port to celebrate? Mind you, a nice glass of Banyuls would do just as well.

I'm told that by the time you reach the golden one you don't remember thie time before either!

See you soon!

L & B
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks L & B. At least in 1973 I had no concept of what 40 years even was :lol: and now I'm a bit clearer!
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Hearty congratulations to you both.
We celebrated our golden 3 years ago.
I was thinking today: What have I achieved? (Not a great deal). Has it been easy? (No, of course not!) What mistakes could I have prevented my kids from making? (None - they can only learn from their own). Any regrets? (Quite a few). But when you consider the positive side of the balance: your children & their children(and their children,in our case),plus the tolerance and companionship you share with your spouse, I'm sure, Sue & Paul, you look at each other & with a smile say "Yeah, if we had our time again, of course we'd do exactly the same."
May you have another 40 years of contentment together.
Helen
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks Helen. You're right - it IS a good moment to reflect, and like everyone we've had our ups and downs in our family life. But we're at a good place here, our children and now grandchildren come to visit, and are happy (I think) for us to visit them back in UK. Moreover, technology means we can Skype, which is the most wonderful way of keeping up with the rapid development of our new babies. When my father and brothers left UK for NZ in 1974 there was none of that, and my father became a remote figure to our children, who only met him, at most, 3 times in their lives. We do still feel very much at the heart of our family, even down here.

There is much to be thankful for :)