Events in Catalonia and further afield...

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Events in Catalonia and further afield...

Post by Phipplebert »

So in the UK we have crazy things like cheese rolling and running down the road with barrels of burning tar....

What do the French have? What events are good to see? I hear they do polo on snow in the alps, anything else? :)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hmmmmmm, difficult one. Not sure the French sense of humour would cope with anything too off the wall.

There is the fete de la soule where they kick a pig's bladder around Amelie (tho this was cancelled this year due to organiser apathy).
www.anglophone-direct.com/Amelie-les-Ba ... e-la-Soule?

There is also the Bear Festival which is fun
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Fete-d ... s-de-Mollo?

....and the Underpants festival which sounds fun but not sure if it is..... and hasnt taken place this year either due to organisation probl!!:roll:
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/DO-NOT ... SLIP-Prats?

Maybe we should organise something really silly ourselves. Anyone up for it!!??
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Morris dancing :wink: I can just see Colin and Rob with their clogs with bells on :lol:

or another one close to where I came from ..........a beer walk (Saddleworth)

Guy fawks night... treacle toffee, black peas, potatoes baked in the fire,,,now that beats fete st jean
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
pjsing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pjsing »

Can vouch for the bizarre Bear Festival - unreal!!
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Events in Catalonia

Post by hamyat »

In one village near to where we live we have the annual Worm Charming Festival! In another we have the Figgy Pie Festival which involves baking a pie and rolling it down the main street.
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

Try Correfocs, Castellers and the end of season festival at Les Angles when they ski on the ice until they sink. Bit further afield, Joutes Aquatiques and Course Camarguaise. All of which would make any elf 'n safety jobsworth in the UK have a heart attack.

Noel
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Hahahahahaha. The idea of a Heath an safety jobs worth having a heartattack made me chuckle :)

Thanks for all th suggestions. I am going to start investigating them. Someone mentioned the bear festival to me a while ago. I didn't even know the Pyrenees had bears, I got very excited when I found out :) I am also very keen to meet a marmot,
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

This is my favourite marmot, which I dedicate to our forum friend Allan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Hc204XVNA