Perpignan City Urban Renewal

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Perpignan City Urban Renewal

Post by redneckrover »

I am very interested in the renewal projects which have been going on in the city of Perpignan over the last 8 or 9 years.
I'm particularly thinking of Place De La Republique, Place De Catalogne, The Railway Station, Ave Gen De Gaulle,Theatre District etc etc.
Does anybody know of a website which tracks progress of these projects and outlines future plans ?
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Perpignan City Urban Renewal

Post by mrob343 »

redneckrover wrote:I am very interested in the renewal projects which have been going on in the city of Perpignan over the last 8 or 9 years.
I'm particularly thinking of Place De La Republique, Place De Catalogne, The Railway Station, Ave Gen De Gaulle,Theatre District etc etc.
Does anybody know of a website which tracks progress of these projects and outlines future plans ?
You could try here although the choice of language is French or Catalan :

http://www.mairie-perpignan.fr/demarche ... ment-et-de

There is a PDF doc to download dated by the prefecture in 2007, but outlines projects for Perpignan for 15 years.

In fact the whole of the mairies site gives you a good insight into Perpignan and its visions.
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

Thanks for that Rob, I only wish I'd put in the effort over the years to learn enough French to understand more than just a barfood menu !!!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

There have been lots of improvements to the area in the 6 years we've been here. In fact I'd say I've seen far more than I did in 12 years living in South London - and my rates are a fair bit lower here!
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29