ROGER.

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

ROGER.

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

I've just read Mistress Kate's latest "Life in P.O." article with its tribute to Roger, and I remember him as a real gentleman. He was always diplomatic, pouring oil on the troubled waters that some posters (ok, myself included) stirred; never, never rising to the bait that occasionally was thrust out to provoke him into argument. He was an intelligent and knowledgeable (not always the same thing) man, always ready with helpful information, gentle humour and an almost childlike enthusiasm for the beasties which took up residence in his beloved garden.
What a shock it was to us all when he died, but let us recall his memory now and again.
Thank you Kate for reminding us of Roger.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I still miss his helpful and sympathetic messages. One of the nicest people I have ever met.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I drive through Le Soler quite frequently during harvest to take marc to the distillery and I always think of Roger, even though I have no idea where his house was. It may seem silly but he was someone who left his mark on my memory.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Unfortunately I never met Roger (a fellow Devonian) but I agree wholeheartedly with the above comments. He could always answer everyones questions (sometimes somewhat long winded) and always did so in such a pleasant manner.
Dylan