France telecom

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

France telecom

Post by Sue »

Once again I would like to praise the service I have received from FT. We had had a problem with our phone and ASDL for some time. The phone crackled so bad you couldnt hear the caller and the ASDL connection kept dropping. We knew the problem was dampness getting into the telephone socket but did nothing about it. Totally fed up on Tuesday I rang the English helpline and got a very pleasant helpful lady who advised me that my ASDL filter sounded caput. She did a check on the line and informed me there was a fault close to the property. I also informed her of the dampness. Wednesday (next day) at 9 am 2 engineers arrived who checked outside and then in. The problem as I thought in the main was the socket which was soaking. They left telling me someone else would ring me today (Thursday) between 8 and 10 to inform me they were on their way to sort it. At 7 50 we received a phone call for directions and within minutes they were with us. By 8 50 new wiring installed and new socket sited up the wall in a dry spot. I went Carrefour and purchased a new filter and all is now hunky doray. Thank you France Telecom for the very efficient service.
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

france telecom

Post by tubs »

Good to hear praise for a change. Can you give me the number of the English speaking France Telecom please? We are all sorted now with line working ok and ASDL but for future reference.............just in case!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

France telecom

Post by Sue »

No probs its 09 69 36 39 00
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

France telecom

Post by tubs »

Thanks.
ruby
Rank 2
Rank 2

france telecom

Post by ruby »

Hi,

I find the english speaking line takes a long time to answer so i always use the french lines, im here to help if anyone needs EDF or France Telecom or ADSL setting up - i charge an hourly rate so minimal of fuss, stress & money! :lol:
Ruby

Property Management, Holiday lets & Property Sales in Dept 66
www.lesjoursheureux66.com
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You will see from above that I have the english speaking number for france telecom/orange internet. Do you know however if the same number deals with problems and cancellation of contracts for orange mobile phones or whether there is a separate number.
Dylan
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I have always been very pleased with the service/cost of Orange/FT. I ring my two daughters, one in England, one in New Zealand, almost every day , all included in my internet telephone deal.
I ordered the installation by post a couple of weeks before I moved here, and the landline was set up and the Livebox delivered within days of my moving.