Phone Adapter

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Phone Adapter

Post by john »

During our recent visit to UK,we bought a new Phone/Answering Machine,as our old one is on the blink,and Curry's had an exceptional deal on the one we wanted.

BUT....(there had to be one) I thought it'd just be a case of plugging the old lead from the existing phone into the back of the new one. Apparently not. You have to use the cable supplied by Curry's. Which ,of course,has a UK plug fitting on it (totally different from a Fr one).

So; does anyone know if you can buy a UK -French phone plug adapter ,and if so,where ?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

phone adapter

Post by Sue »

If Im understanding you correctly I think you may find what you want on Amazon uk
Dylan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I'm not sure that a British phone will work in France. You might be better trying to get your money back and buying one here.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

How about this?

It claims to do what you need (I think..)

http://www.reveal.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1768
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Helen wrote:How about this?

It claims to do what you need (I think..)

http://www.reveal.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1768
Thanks Helen,and Sue. Yes,I'd seen the one on Reveal,but unfortunately they do appear to be out of stock. There's also a firm called Multitel in Liverpool who do the same thing,but they are closed for the weekend. Will try them on Mon.

Santiago, when we moved over here,we brought our trusty BT phone that had already done 4 yrs sterling service in Norfolk,and it worked perfectly (just by plugging it into the existing RJ 11 cable )until the batteries gave out. I rather assumed that I could do the same thing this time.

Does anyone know whether a shop here (France Telecom ?) do the adapters ?