Mobile phone contracts

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

angie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Mobile phone contracts

Post by angie »

Hi there,

I have heard that now you can cancel your forfait with mobile phone providers before the contract is actually finished, does anyone know anything about this? If you can help, many thanks
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Here is MY recent experience of this.

We had taken a two year contract for my daughter. Just about a year into the contract we discovered that she could get a much better deal with Orange.

I rang SFR and they told me that, as over half of the contract had passed, I have the right to cancel IF I pay 25% of the outstanding contract cost.

Even paying this 25%, we still had a better deal with Orange so I went ahead and cancelled it.

On the bottom of the resiliation letter from SFR it says :
"Conformément à la loi du 3 janvier 2008, en cas de réengagement pour une durée de 24 mois ou si la durée de votre engagement est supérieure à 12 mois, toute résiliation à compter du 13ème mois de réengagement entrainera la facturation d'un quart des sommes restant dues jusqu'au terme de votre engagement."
Hope this helps.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi, the tva is going up on a lot of contracts, you need to ring them and ask if the price of your contract is going up as from the 1st of february ,if they say yes then you can cancel your contract with them if you want. ( but not before the 1 st of february)
angie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by angie »

Great, thanks very much
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Best on the market for me
http://www.zeroforfait.fr/
No engagement, they bank-debit you for calls monthly so no top ups.
You need only to spend €15 quarterly (3 months) to keep the contract and number operative, otherwise both are automatically cancelled.
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.