technical support helpline for English-speaking community

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

technical support helpline for English-speaking community

Post by Kate »

I have received this email......

Hello,
I am in charge of the customer relationship on non-official websites for France Telecom Orange. We have launched a technical support helpline for the English-speaking community living in France. If you think that this information is interesting for your readers, feel free to edit it.

The link is http://www.orange.com/en_EN/

Thanks in advance
Valérie Maffiolo

and answers to my subsequent questions....

1. What is a 'non-official websites for France Telecom Orange'?
They are telecom websites that are not Orange websites, for example www.lesmobiles.com, www.forum-orange.com, etc. They talked about telecom products and particularly of Orange products but are not Orange websites. Before friday of this week, a team of customer assistants will deal with customers problems via forums.

2. How much does this technical support line cost and are Orange themselves involved?
Yes, Orange is involved in this process, the customers assistants are Orange employees.
It will be free for customers to exchange with them through the forums.

Any more questions? I am always on the lookout for scams so if anyone has any info or thoughts about this before I publish it on the site or in P-O Life, please ask away and I will send the link to Valérie
Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jay »

This one smells.

If this had official support from Orange would it not appear on their web-site. In any event Orange have an English speaking operation. They are a major player in the UK telecoms market. Most employment contracts specifically forbid all forms of moonlighting. Well they do in England.

Last but not least. What's in it for VM? FT have a major problem with staff topping themselves. Can't see them wanting to go out of their way to help the customers.

Jay

PS Maffiolo or Mafioso?
Valerie_Com Manager
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Valerie_Com Manager »

Hi Kate and Jay,

The technical support helpline we have launched for the English-speaking community living in France is an official hotline answering to customers problems. I have sent to Kate the information because I thought that it was an interesting information for English speakers living in France.

Concerning the different ways of supporting our customers on the web, we have already a support on our official website. But like the other providers, it seems to be important to go further in our customer relationship, like interacting on other websites.

Valerie

PS : My name is really Maffiolo and for sure I'm not involved in any mafia, but then...
Community Manager Orange
W650
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: technical support helpline for English-speaking communit

Post by W650 »

Kate wrote:I have received this email......

Hello,
I am in charge of the customer relationship on non-official websites for France Telecom Orange. We have launched a technical support helpline for the English-speaking community living in France. If you think that this information is interesting for your readers, feel free to edit it.

The link is http://www.orange.com/en_EN/

Thanks in advance
Valérie Maffiolo

and answers to my subsequent questions....

1. What is a 'non-official websites for France Telecom Orange'?
They are telecom websites that are not Orange websites, for example www.lesmobiles.com, www.forum-orange.com, etc. They talked about telecom products and particularly of Orange products but are not Orange websites. Before friday of this week, a team of customer assistants will deal with customers problems via forums.

2. How much does this technical support line cost and are Orange themselves involved?
Yes, Orange is involved in this process, the customers assistants are Orange employees.
It will be free for customers to exchange with them through the forums.

Any more questions? I am always on the lookout for scams so if anyone has any info or thoughts about this before I publish it on the site or in P-O Life, please ask away and I will send the link to Valérie
As soon as you move away from that webapge the website asks you which country and as soon as you put France the language is in French.

So it is not English at all for people using Orange in France.

This appears to be a cheap advert for the other websites.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I don't see the telephone number of an English speaking helpline on that page. If it's there it is certainly well hidden!

Russell.
W650
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by W650 »

That is because there is no telephone number on there.

It is 0969 363900
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Of course, a premium rate number. I object strongly to having to call these when the problem is always their fault!

Russell.