Computer help needed please

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Computer help needed please

Post by Kate »

I have recently changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox. The whole thing works much quicker, which is great, but I can no longer open PDFs for some strange reason, as it tells me 'Cannot use Adobe reader to view PDF in your web browser. Reader will now exit. Please exit your browser and try again'

I have tried going into edit->preferences and configuring it but it doesn't work. Any ideas please? Anyone live near Maureillas and like messing about with computers.

I know I will probably end up seeking professional help but though I'd try the cheap and mean way first!! :oops:
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Just a thought. You could try going to the Adobe website and seeing if there is a different download for the Firefox browser.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There's another program which will read the PDFs too. I'm not at home but I'll try when I get back. It's a free program so maybe just visit to the CNET site. You can find it there.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.ht ... %3DWindows

Look for the Foxit Reader and bobs your uncle (did I get this expression correct?)

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

You may just need a Firefox plug-in for PDFs

Try this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... &advanced=
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks for all your advice everybody, and all the PMs. Much appreciated. Think the plug ins seem to have done the trick.
Merci mille fois