Free Wi-Fi

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Ben Briers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Free Wi-Fi

Post by Ben Briers »

New to the Forum so please excuse me if this has been aired before...

Does anyone know if there are any free wi-fi hotspots in the 66 please?

Thank you
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Welcome to the madhouse!!! :lol: :lol:

Will have a look in the tech section, rather fancy yes, but will try and find you a link :D

Here's one!

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic5856.php

Will look for more!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

and another - where are you based in the PO Ben?

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic5033.php
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

In Laroque, you can use the Wi-Fi in the Cafe des Artistes. You'll need to load their code but it's free. Certainly you would be pleased to use a coffee or beer for the service. Plus, you can have a nice meal on their terrace.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Hi Ben...Welcome.. :lol:
CarinaD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CarinaD »

Cafe Sola in Collioure has free wifi, again you'll need to buy a coffee/beer....ps bienvenue
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

The sola wifi has been playing up a lot lately for some laptops so sometimes you have to wait in the queue to use one of the two connections to the modem.

Welcome.
oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oiesauvage »

Hi found this http://v4.jiwire.com/hot-spot-directory ... vider_id=0 was helpful the last time I was in France, although my campsite has a wifi system that I can use but it can be helpful offsite also. Off topic - I wonder if anyone could suggest a reasonable ready to go mobile sim to use for the summer, something we could pick up on again in october, christmas and easter without causing to much mayhem would be really helpful. Recession busters required due to massive Irish mobile bills when we get home :) Thanks in advance.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

oiesauvage wrote:Hi found this http://v4.jiwire.com/hot-spot-directory ... vider_id=0 was helpful the last time I was in France, although my campsite has a wifi system that I can use but it can be helpful offsite also. Off topic - I wonder if anyone could suggest a reasonable ready to go mobile sim to use for the summer, something we could pick up on again in october, christmas and easter without causing to much mayhem would be really helpful. Recession busters required due to massive Irish mobile bills when we get home :) Thanks in advance.
Vodaphone Passport is a good one & now they are withdrawing their £0.75 connection charge, for the summer.
http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/P ... ID=OS_0099

Cheers Sav :)
oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oiesauvage »

Thanks for that Sav - I was interested in a French sim pack really that can be used in my Irish sim free phone and which mobile service provider gives the best rates? The link you provided might be difficult to buy in Ireland - maybe in the North of Irl thou?
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Sav wrote:Vodaphone Passport is a good one & now they are withdrawing their £0.75 connection charge, for the summer.
http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/P ... ID=OS_0099

Cheers Sav :)
But does that apply to data connections too? I'm not sure.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Helen:

Free Wifi caff oposite Maison de la Presse in Canet-Plage.
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

Not to mention Perpignan airport
John
Ben Briers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Free Wi Fi

Post by Ben Briers »

Thanks everyone for their input.

I have seen some people at Carrefour cafe at Argeles using pcs - has anyone used Wi Fi there?

Thanks
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There used to have Wi-Fi in the Crescendo restaurant at Carrefour. I haven't seen the wi-fi sign during the past year. Yet, you can walk across to the McDonalds and all you need it to buy a coffee. I've used the McDon. wi-fi direct from my car in the parking lot.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

oiesauvage,

we use a tesco sim in our phone. i know it is English but the rate seems as good as any and there is no time limit.
this time limit was a real stumbling block with our French mobile since we are only infrequent users.
in the end we got Orange to unblock the phone and bought the Tesco simcard on line - £21 poundsworth of calls came with the simcard and it only cost £10.
Such a good deal that, when the credit ran out, we just ordered a new simcard.
call charges seem to be quite reasonable.
have a look at their website anyway.
pfrancis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Free Wi-Fi

Post by pfrancis »

free wi-fi at Cafe de France, Ceret.
pooky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Free wifi

Post by pooky »

Lots of bars providing ' free ' wifi , it's not really as you have to buy something , beer coffee etc , it's cheaper :wink: .... Canet has a few ....
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

La Noisette in Argeles Village (opp. the church). Does good English breakfasts too, if that takes your fancy.

Also La Tramotane, north beach in Argeles has free wifi if you buy a drink but it's time limited.
Susie
Ben Briers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Free Wi Fi

Post by Ben Briers »

blackduff wrote:There used to have Wi-Fi in the Crescendo restaurant at Carrefour. I haven't seen the wi-fi sign during the past year. Yet, you can walk across to the McDonalds and all you need it to buy a coffee. I've used the McDon. wi-fi direct from my car in the parking lot.

Blackduff
For the record I used the free Wi Fi in Crescendo last week although the McDo set up is better.

Thanks again for all who contributed