Two LNB's better than one ?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Two LNB's better than one ?

Post by jethro »

I have had a technician install an Optex decoder, an 80 cm satellite dish and single LNB so that I can receive TNTsat emissions from Astra in Sorede. I now have 396 channels, most of which are not worth watching. Here in Belgium, using an old Panasonic ex-Sky digibox, I get the entire British Freesat range, including Channel4 and Five. If I get a double LNB, can I use the dish which receives TNTsat to receive the Astra 2D transmissions as well ? I have another Panasonic digibox which I hope to install in Sorede, so there would be two LNB heads with two cables coming off them, one going to the TNTsat Optex decoder and the other to the ex-Sky decoder which is not yet installed.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jethro
Which locations for the two sats which you're going to view? The Astra 2D is kind of east of the other two viewable sites you want, I think.

Most of the dual LNB installations cover the Astra 1 and the Hot Bird (maybe changed name) which cover some BBC but not much more in English. Lots of German, Italian, and many other countries but the main English FTV is on Astra 2D. Of course some French stations are on this Hot Bird sat.

When you're mentioning the TNT, is this the French system. This can be received on terrestial antenaes and they're not too bad in Sorede. The TF1 doesn't work in Sorede since I'm too close to the mountain.

Blackduff
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I used to live in Sweden (15+ yrs ago) and it was quite common for those having analogue satellite channels to have 4 LNB's. We received a few US and English channels, some very good free pink and purple stuff after midnight, and a few hundred channels we rarely watched.

There was some sort of splitter so that the remote automatically selected the right LNB.

As Sky became more dominant, people switched to them.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com