New France Telecom Line Installation

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jecjcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

New France Telecom Line Installation

Post by jecjcr »

Any help gratfully received.

Summary. We have a house in Prades but regrettably still have to work in the UK. We are having a fixed line installed on the 19th November. We return to the UK on 25th.
In order to pay on line we need to set up our on line access. To do this we need our phone number and Client Account No. We have the first, but not the second. We can get the second from our first invoice, but that will be sent to Prades, and we will not be there!
Thus we need to be able to find out A - our Client a/c no, or B - How do set up our payment to be by prelevement (please excuse lack of accents) so that we do not immediately become a 'bad payer'. Our French is very basic and OK in bars and returants but struggles, well fails actually, with French telephone conversations in unfamiliar territory.

Any help, advice or assistance much appreciated.
John & Jane
Bagshot & Prades
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Can you go to your bank in Prades and explain the situation? If not, I speak French and would be willing to 'phone or e-mail for you. I am sure I can explain over the 'phone that you need your Client Account No.
DaveM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DaveM »

If it helps, I do believe that the France Télécom English speaking help-line is on 08 00 36 47 75.

Bonne chance
DaveM
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

John & Jane,
Get your FT bill sent to the UK to your home address.
Once you receive it, you will be able to set up an internet account.

You will have your RICE from the bank. account details
( Back page in cheque book or on statements, )
Use the internet for bank transactions also.

Your FT Account details.

you can then choose to pay on line/ or by Direct debit.
in your case internet is easier plus you can choose to get your bill on the net.

I have not had any Paper hard copy bills from any of the suppliers in France for the last five years, every one one is Internet.

You copy the PDF's to your hard drive as a record.

Off the top of my head I cannot recall any Government department within France that you cannot use the net to get docs or pay bills.
Michael
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Rest assured. France telecom are very good at dealing with us overseas types.

Ring them, on the english speaking no. or the other, and tell them.
Then send an e-mail (no french utility repsonds to e-mails without a personal touch, gross exaggeration on my part !). get biils in UK. Then set up up your perosnal sopace online after you get for first bill.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
RichardK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RichardK »

Hi John / Jane - just checking, have you got this sorted now? Living just down the road from your house I'm be happy to help you sort it out when you're next over.