BBC I Player Buffering

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

BBC I Player Buffering

Post by Nigel Bright »

Can anyone tell me if they can stream any BBC iPlayer programmes using a VPN? I am able to connect to their website but when I start to stream any of their programmes the picture starts buffering and freezes.
I have an Orange fibre connection and their latest Livebox 5 router and the speed is excellent, however when I connect via a UK based VPN, the speed drops dramatically.
I have now tried three different VPN providers, without any improvement.
Brighty
vmaxvmax
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: BBC I Player Buffering

Post by vmaxvmax »

Hi,

We use a DNS service and it works well - no lag now. Good HD too.

We did have some problems with buffering and dropouts etc for a period - but after our DNS provider upgraded their servers everything was fine. I think demand for their service had grown beyond their expectations (victims to their success).

Quite possibly your VPN service providers are responsible for your slowdowns - servers and bandwidth...

We use a 'paid for' service as some of the free ones proved to be slow and 'glitchy'.

I would refer back to your provider.

Regards,
Francis
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: BBC I Player Buffering

Post by Nigel Bright »

Thanks for the info. I am not too sure of the difference between VPN and DNS so will check it out this weekend. :book: Thanks again.
Brighty