Android TV box

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Android TV box

Post by dsd »

Hi
I wonder if anyone could advise me please? I have a tablet/laptop, hp slatebook 2, which works absolutely fine for most things but the version of Android is 4.3 Jelly Bean and it is impossible to update it.

I am often unable to download apps, even Zoom, because of this. I get 'this application is not compatible with your device' from Playstore. Tant pis, I just go upstairs to my desktop and use that.

Since TVMucho changed their system a month ago, you now need minimum Android 4.4 to use their (reduced) service. As I said, it's impossible to update my OS.

I wondered whether an Android TV box would solve the problem but I have very limited IT knowledge. If I understand correctly (very possibly not!), I could connect this little box to my TV; it has a more recent version of Android so I would be able to download TVMucho and other apps and watch them on the TV screen. Is that correct?

Has anyone got any experience of these boxes and which would you recommend please? I really don't want to put much money into this and have seen them on Amazon from about 45E but if I run into trouble, I'm not knowledgeable enough to sort it out.

Many thanks for any advice you can give me
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Android TV box

Post by kenny »

I would recommend one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_BSWIPmmY

or go to this youtube channell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQhwu ... 4fMo2_20sw
for other Android box recommendations
kenny