Open text doc

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Open text doc

Post by opas »

For years I have been using a usb to store files for my Enterprise.
I open documents using open office/ libre office.
Yesterday I needed to cross reference some documents and open my blanc facture to make a bill out to a client.
We have tried everything, open office now seems to want to charge me for a code to reinstate/ update.
How can I open my files? Choice is open/ open with( where I always choose open office) or choose an app...
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Open text doc

Post by russell »

Which are you using, Openoffice or Libreoffice? They are slightly divergent forks of the same thing originating years ago with Star Office. I use Libreoffice exclusively which seems to be better supported than Openoffice although they should both open .odt files O.K.

Have you tried opening the Openoffice (or Libreoffice) program and trying to open your files from there.

Are you having problems with any other programs? Could you have a virus?

If you are still having problems you could email a document (without any confidential data) and I can see if it opens OK here.

Russell
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Open text doc

Post by opas »

Thank you for responding, my daughter actualy sorted it yesterday afternoon.
Please don't ask me what she did, but everything is working now.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.