Free Mobiles Web Site

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Free Mobiles Web Site

Post by Allan »

I have a fairly complicated setup at home, my internet uses 2 4G routers with sim cards from Free.

I have a Freebox router which I make very little use of but subscribed to it because it gives me unlimited 4G and a discount on our mobile phones.

The Freebox provides ADSL through an ancient France Telecom line which when I was with Orange was hideously unreliable. I therefore kept my Orange phone line.

Despite the fact that I am connected using the same phone line, the connection has been thoroughly reliable for at least 6 months. I have therefore decided to bite the bullet and run my phone line through the Freebox.

I know that there are a whole host of options that Free offer to control the answering service, call waiting etc but either I am completely brain dead or Free's website was designed by a lunatic.

On their main web site I can find absolutely no links to anywhere that explains how to use their services.

If I Google 'Free Fixe Messagerie' then it takes me to a page that looks like it should explain things but all the links just repeat the same page.

So, does anybody know if Free publish any user instructions or just keep them a secret?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Free Mobiles Web Site

Post by russell »

Allan wrote: either I am completely brain dead or Free's website was designed by a lunatic.
I only use Free for my mobile but I'm certain that their site was designed by a committee of lunatics. There is now a Free shop in Perpignan. Perhaps they can help?

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

My contract covers internet, a mobile phone and fixed phone via VOIP with unlimited calls to the UK and USA. The smart TV and two computers are connected to the router via RJ45 cables. The computers are networked for easy data transfer etc. We listen to the internet radio via the wi-fi. Service is virtually 100% solid and costs just a few cents over one euro a day.

Needless to say I'm not with Free.

Gus
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Gus Morris wrote:My contract covers internet, a mobile phone and fixed phone via VOIP with unlimited calls to the UK and USA. The smart TV and two computers are connected to the router via RJ45 cables. The computers are networked for easy data transfer etc. We listen to the internet radio via the wi-fi. Service is virtually 100% solid and costs just a few cents over one euro a day.

Gus
I’m not sure why you say Needless to say I’m not with Free

My criticism of them was because of their absurd website but for me they have been infinitely more reliable than Orange.

Orange’s English speaking helpline was very good but then I had them on Speeddial as the network went down so often.

Technically and financially, the offerings from Free are significantly better than the other providers, their 4G is unlimited, they offer free calls to over 100 countries and their mobile cost is much less than the other companies. For these advantages I can put up with a stupid website.

As for reliability, it clearly depend on where you live and the quality of the local telephony/network.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

[quote="Gus Morris"

Gus[/quote]

Oh Gus, you’re such a tease.