Anyone know how to contact Filmon

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Anyone know how to contact Filmon

Post by Allan »

Their support page comes up unavailable and their contact us email address gets bounced as undeliverable

Anyone got a phone number?
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

If you scroll down to the comments in this link, there's a US number given - but reportedly it's not being answered.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/filmon.com.html
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

There's a UK number given here: http://mavise.obs.coe.int/company?id=9063

Russell
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

We have Payments taken from Fimon, 4 on the 09/01 2018 and 4 on the 10th.I am going to the bank now to see if there have been anymore since that date. We are not using Filmon now as we have a different system. Comments welcome please!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Filmon

Post by Allan »

Daphne wrote:We have Payments taken from Fimon, 4 on the 09/01 2018 and 4 on the 10th.I am going to the bank now to see if there have been anymore since that date. We are not using Filmon now as we have a different system. Comments welcome please!
Filmon seems to have evolved into a cowboy outfit. For the last week or so they have had massive problems worldwide particularly in playing back recordings. There response appears to have been to disable their contact email, stop answering the telephone and removie their support site.

They keep putting postings on Facebook saying sorry but the problems still persist.

Last year I took out a 1 month subscription with them so that I could record a few programmes whilst in Thailand. The subscription quite clearly stated an expiry date but hidden in their terms and conditions is the fact that they automatically renew subscriptions. Unfortunately it was several months before I noticed so my few recordings were extremely expensive. A call to Filmon got me nowhere.

This year I again subscribed for a month only to find that none of my recordings can be played back.

It doesn’t help that their apps do not have a cancellation option and if you view their website on an iPad they again hide the cancellation option.

To cancel a subscription, you have to go to the ‘orders’ section of the account profile where you can cancel the subscription.

On an iPad or other browser where the orders option is not visible, make sure you are logged in through a browser and then go to www.filmon.com/my/orders where you can cancel.

As I alluded to earlier, their behaviour, recurring subscriptions and website that makes cancellation difficult, are not the actions of an ethical company.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

Thankyou Allen, I have been to the bank, cancelled the card and they told me to report it to the Gendarmerie which I did, so I'll be covered by the insurance on the card.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Filmon

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
Daphne wrote:We have Payments taken from Fimon, 4 on the 09/01 2018 and 4 on the 10th.I am going to the bank now to see if there have been anymore since that date. We are not using Filmon now as we have a different system. Comments welcome please!
Filmon seems to have evolved into a cowboy outfit. For the last week or so they have had massive problems worldwide particularly in playing back recordings. There response appears to have been to disable their contact email, stop answering the telephone and removie their support site.

They keep putting postings on Facebook saying sorry but the problems still persist.

Last year I took out a 1 month subscription with them so that I could record a few programmes whilst in Thailand. The subscription quite clearly stated an expiry date but hidden in their terms and conditions is the fact that they automatically renew subscriptions. Unfortunately it was several months before I noticed so my few recordings were extremely expensive. A call to Filmon got me nowhere.

This year I again subscribed for a month only to find that none of my recordings can be played back.

It doesn’t help that their apps do not have a cancellation option and if you view their website on an iPad they again hide the cancellation option.

To cancel a subscription, you have to go to the ‘orders’ section of the account profile where you can cancel the subscription.

On an iPad or other browser where the orders option is not visible, make sure you are logged in through a browser and then go to www.filmon.com/my/orders where you can cancel.

As I alluded to earlier, their behaviour, recurring subscriptions and website that makes cancellation difficult, are not the actions of an ethical company.
But surely it was always obvious enough that they were skating on thin ice?