SFR broken phone line

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

SFR broken phone line

Post by Karrie »

We are in the UK. Non-French speaking friends at our house report the phone line is down. I've been onto our SFR online account and cannot find a way of reporting it. It maybe that my French is too poor to understand what I need to do. I've found a number which I think I can report it to, over a phone which is 02 226 53 53. Can anyone confirm whether and how I can do it online and also if this is the correct number for line breakdowns please? Any other thoughts?
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

Is the phone line through Orange? If so, they have an English speaking helpline, which I have found helpful (though I gather this hasn't been everyone's experience). Anyway the number (from the UK) is 0033 9 69 36 39 00.

Bon courage!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

SFR has a substantial part of their website dedicated to what to do if your phone line doesn't work.

It is in French but you can get a machine translated version in English by going to https://translate.google.co.uk/m/translate and then pasting https://assistance.sfr.fr/internet-et-b ... cueil.html into the translate box. If you are doing it on an iPad you paste it into the place that says Touch to type
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

SFR broken phone line

Post by Karrie »

Thank you for your help. The line is SFR; no English support like Orange. I will try and follow the link given . It sounds as though it is what I got to recently, but perhaps didn't pursue far enough or just didn't understand.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: SFR broken phone line

Post by Allan »

Karrie wrote:Thank you for your help. The line is SFR; no English support like Orange. I will try and follow the link given . It sounds as though it is what I got to recently, but perhaps didn't pursue far enough or just didn't understand.
The machine translation is really good, if you can follow an English web page, you should be able to follow thar
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

SFR broken phone line

Post by Karrie »

Spent some time trawling through all this - they don't make it easy! As I don't know what type of box I've got, I got to a point of not being able to go any further with it. However, a relative went to the house and spent about 40 minutes trying to get through to SFR. After another considerable amount of time they agreed the line was dead! Trouble is they don't know why! An Expert will call back, but don't know when. Relative 15 minutes away. C'est la vie!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: SFR broken phone line

Post by Allan »

Karrie wrote:Spent some time trawling through all this - they don't make it easy! As I don't know what type of box I've got, I got to a point of not being able to go any further with it. However, a relative went to the house and spent about 40 minutes trying to get through to SFR. After another considerable amount of time they agreed the line was dead! Trouble is they don't know why! An Expert will call back, but don't know when. Relative 15 minutes away. C'est la vie!
Does the internet work there?