free VPN

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

free VPN

Post by jethro »

If you download the extremely pretty and efficient Opera browser, you get a free VPN with it. I've been using Tunnel Bear, but will let my subscription lapse now.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

When I last looked they had very few VPN servers and had none in the U.K. Have they added a UK one?

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

russell wrote:When I last looked they had very few VPN servers and had none in the U.K. Have they added a UK one?

Russell

Is jethro meant to know, coming from Belgium? Google is your friend but the answer seems to be not yet.
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

VPN

Post by jethro »

You can choose Canada, the United States, Germany, the Netherlands or Singapore or simpy let Opera choose an "optimal location", though I suspect that will not be the UK, which is unfortunate for those hoping to freeload the iPlayer. By the way, I'm now permanently resident in Sorede and have been for two years.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: VPN

Post by martyn94 »

jethro wrote:By the way, I'm now permanently resident in Sorede and have been for two years.
A belated welcome, then: I was only going by your profile. My point was only that being "anglophone" doesn't necessarily imply any particular interest in the UK (even among those of us who do originally come from there).
HarBenly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by HarBenly »

Rules are still strict here man. My vpn does not work smooth now. I tried free one. It couldn't change my ip. Ip leaks were very frequent. I have to go for a paid service now
Ben.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

Jethro,
have you used the free Opera VPN now and are you happy with it?

I have been downloading series for about 15 years, no films or music, using Utorrent without using a VPN, despite the warnings and have finally received an email warning from Hadopi (Haute Autorité pour la diffusion des oeuvres et la protection des droits sur internet). Idon't know why but something I downloaded on 5 October upset them! Basically, if I continue downloading without a VPN I will face a very hefty fine at least.

I need to find a solution quickly; the next episode of Grey's Anatomy is on tomorrow night! Any advice would be appreciated, thank you
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

I've done some research and found out the VPN claimed by Opera is in fact only a proxy and not really safe.

I'd already heard about NordVPN, then I went to a site called vpnmentor and they confirmed it was good for what I want. There's a special deal where you get 2 years for 66.84 Euros.

Just passing on the info in case it can help anyone else
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

uk tv

Post by geoff.smith »

TVCACHUP....great just go to the website..Geoffrey.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

dsd wrote:
I need to find a solution quickly; the next episode of Grey's Anatomy is on tomorrow night! Any advice would be appreciated, thank you
I must be getting old: I can no longer distinguish satire from genuine posts.