Filmon No Longer Free

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Filmon No Longer Free

Post by Boomshanka »

Found that your free Filmon stops after 2 mins - Here's why

Filmon Not Working Statement

"Thank you for contacting FilmOn Customer Support.

Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.

We’re very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience. We had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance.

The two minute viewing window is also on their website, after which it takes you a nag screen to pay for the service."

The cut-off date was May 1st
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

Thanks a lot for that info. We were cut off yesterday!
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

www.tvplayer.com is available on your computer, does require a VPN.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Why not just pay Filmon? It seems fair especially if you have been using their service for nothing, that way you dont have to mess around with VPNs.

With a subscription you can record programs, get higher quality pictures and depending on your own internet connection you might get a faster stream.

I watch TV by satellite but if I am away from home for any length of time then I will just subscribe to Filmon for a month and record and watch what I like.

Out of interest, I set BBC1 running on my iPad 45 minutes ago and it is still showing their free service - perhaps the restrictions are program dependant.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

What exactly is meant by "contractual requirements with our content vendors"? If filmon actually had contractual rights to sell BBC (etc) material outside the UK, we might have heard about it otherwise than in these elliptical terms. For myself, I've just lost interest, which is no doubt my loss.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

charley dimmock on bbbc 1 via the 'filmon simple' addon using a m8 android box with kodi stopped after 4 mins just now
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

looks like they must have lost a court case somewhere !!!
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

Before I sign up to Filmon, I'd like opinions from anybody who uses their Premium system. Thanks
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

There are so many premium - paid for services available that Filmon now falls in to the same group. They also offer more for less. For under £10 a month ALL UK/USA Channels plus PPV - Sports - Football etc (If you like that stuff) and in full HD - oh costs less than Filmon.

There are a few providers to choose from as well - you pay your money you make the choice.

I have been using one for the past 2 plus years and it works well for me.

If you need a VPN recommendation the have a look at Nord VPN - good value 2 year deal and based outside of UK/USA so no worries on the new snoopers charter passed this week in the UK!! Download 1 film = 10 years inside, kept that one quiet.
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Filmon

Post by russell »

Daphne wrote:Before I sign up to Filmon, I'd like opinions from anybody who uses their Premium system. Thanks
I subscribed to their service for about three years. The big advantage for us at the time was the ability to record programs. The service was very good but over that period the monthly charge increased by 50% and they dropped a number of interesting channels.

So now we rely on the TVPlayer addon on Kodi (free of subscription charges).
It does require a VPN which Flimon doesn't but a VPN has other advantages. I use IPVanish at $6.49 a month. It also encrypts your internet traffic so gives a bit more security for things like banking.

TVPlayer can also be accessed via an Android app for a tablet and from a web browser.

Russell.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I have never really used Filmon but I did try for a while an IPTV provider ie paying a subscription and buying a MAG 250 box. They were actually quite good value but now I just use a dedicated windows laptop connected to the TV via HDMI and sits underneath it with a bluetooth remote keyboard to operate it.
I use SmartDNS from Overplay (about £3.00 pcm)and get all of the player/demand stations plus Netflix, Spotify and everything. There has never been anything which I can't get.
We only really watch the news live but you can watch live streams on all of stations.
With Overplay you can use unlimited devices at one location so you can take your tablet upstairs to watch if you want to.
It's cheap and reliable.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

good value VPN

Post by montgolfiere »

NordVPN are doing a deal at the moment when you pay (just under) 75€ for 2 years if you pay up front. they allow 6 devices to be connected, use code 2YSpecial2017
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Has anyone tried this service? I'm not interested in sports channels but there is a comprehensive selection of UK channels.
https://streamtvbox.club/site/sports-schedule/

It looks too good to be true so probably is :roll:

Russell
Corbett
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Corbett »

Allan wrote:Why not just pay Filmon? It seems fair especially if you have been using their service for nothing, that way you dont have to mess around with VPNs.

With a subscription you can record programs, get higher quality pictures and depending on your own internet connection you might get a faster stream. It is also possible to use a VPN for American Netflix from Europe.

I watch TV by satellite but if I am away from home for any length of time then I will just subscribe to Filmon for a month and record and watch what I like.

Out of interest, I set BBC1 running on my iPad 45 minutes ago and it is still showing their free service - perhaps the restrictions are program dependant.
What is the recent recommended VPN service?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

This is quite an old thread and since the original post, I have become very disillusioned with Filmon.Their Service has been deplorable and they have been acting like a cowboy outfit.

First of all, Filmon is not a VPN, it is a subscription TV service that doesn’t need a VPN. If however you want to watch UK catchup services such as BBC iPlayer then you do need a VPN or some other system to fool the service into thinking you are in the UK. The problem is that the BBC in particular has started blocking these services, so what works perfectly well this week may not work next week. I am sure that lots of people can suggest a VPN that currently works but that might not always be the case.

I have been is Asia for 9 weeks this year and I used a service called TV Mucho which doesn’t need a VPN but it does have catchup TV for the previous week, obviating the need for iPlayer in a lot of cases.

You can use it for an hour a day at no cost, so you can find out if it works for you. For more than an hour a day, you need a subscription but it is much cheaper than Filmon and there is no VPN cost.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Has anyone else noticed that BBC has become impossible to access using VPN or Smart DNS?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Santiago wrote:Has anyone else noticed that BBC has become impossible to access using VPN or Smart DNS?
No is the short answer. Maybe you are just a hobby winemaker after all. Though I guess you are allowed some rest from your toils.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:Has anyone else noticed that BBC has become impossible to access using VPN or Smart DNS?
I have no problems accessing BBC via VPN.

It is commercial VPN services that they are blocking so either find one that is little used or invest in a UK connection and go via that.

As I mentioned in my last post, you can watch any BBC program broadcast in the last 7 days by using TV Mucho.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Allan wrote:
I have no problems accessing BBC via VPN.

It is commercial VPN services that they are blocking so either find one that is little used or invest in a UK connection and go via that.

As I mentioned in my last post, you can watch any BBC program broadcast in the last 7 days by using TV Mucho.
Thanks Allan. I gave TV Mucho a go. It's not the same as using BBC iPlayer but neither my VPN (NordVPN) or my Smart DNS (UnoTelly) seem to be able to confuse the BBC any more and it's noce to have all channels in one place. So this is a decent solution to the ongoing problem.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I've been using TVMucho for about six weeks now. Much cheaper than Filmon and it has been more reliable for me.

Russell